why Do You Guys Stress PH Levels

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ReMpTiOn, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Why do you guys stress about PH levels so much.I grew outdoors last year and imo my plants came out just as good if not better then most peoples that test PH levels and it was my first grow from bagseed

2. what do you have to compare your results with? I can say I run the best hydro in the world as long as I don't have anything to compare it to.

Ph is key to any grow.:smoke:

But I grow hydro :p

3. #4 Lay Low, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2011
    Just because PH levels are important doesn't mean it must be measured to have a nice crop. It's not uncommon for PH to stay within acceptable levels without any adjustments made to it. That's especially true when it comes to soil. PH is only one factor in growing a healthy plant. The reasons that your plant may look better than someone else's could be attributed to a huge number of factors. You can have PH perfect and still have a really shitty plant.

4. So you are lucky to have good pH, the proof of that is in the pudding. Getting a good crop without checking pH is no proof that pH is unimportant. That's like saying that you drive without a seatbelt and never got killed therefore seatbelts don't keep you safe.

5. read a book

6. pro

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

7. PH is important so that the plant can uptake the nutrients correctly. If the PH is off, then the plant wont take nutrients. This is referred to as "Nute Lockout". If you didn't have to check your PH, then you're just a lucky one.

8. Try growing a plant and purposely keep the PH too high or too low and see how much PH matters.

9. Its more important then you think for some and especialy for indoor grows. Some other things to take into consideration is that not every one has access to the same water available whether out of the tap or purchased, using the same nutes, soil or natural dirt. So what may not be important for you to do may be important for others to do to grow healthy plants.