Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do you get high?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by NYC Diesel, Jun 1, 2009.

1. I know, right??? It's totally fucked up. What the fuck is with those human arms???

2. I like being intoxicated. I like how "foreign" it feels.

3. My News Years resolution was to smoke more weed and drink less booze. I used to be a heavy social drinker, but hangovers are becoming harder to deal with and drinking just makes me retarded. Having a smoke allows me to relax and yet remain thoughtful towards others without poisoning myself. Booze is a selfish drug that has, IMO, a detrimental effect on society. Over the last 6-12 months i guess i have come out of the closet and have started to notice the same in quite a few aquaintences and friends. I'm the guy at a party that finds a quiet corner to have a puff, and more and more nowdays you see the face peep around the corner with that "ummm, could i have a quick toke face". Some of these people are the ones you least expect and generally end in getting to know someone on a higher level than when both parties are drinking, which is usually just superficial bullshit. IMO, weed is a more intelligent choice for many reasons and ultimately just more fun than getting hammered.

4. let me put it this way: i have been freaking out all day because i work way too hard for my fucking minimum wage job, i have to have this entire place spotless before my dad comes to visit on wednesday, i am getting a root canal tomorrow morning which terrifies me---
    BUT.
    i am about to smoke a bowl, so it's aaaaallll goood. my feet are killing me, i want to do violent things to my retarded coworkers, but i know i'll be fine in a few puffs.

5. i like the ritual of a pipe. it makes me really think about my breathing. i like how it fills my chest. i like watching the smoke roll out. i love when the high first comes, when it creeps and builds, or when it just hits all at once. it makes me feel my brain. i can be productive and not stressed out. i can really explore my thoughts. i can get silly ideas and actually bother to right them down. i can get rid of headaches faster than any pill. my friends are finally willing to be silly with me in public.
    and more, more, much more.
    I AM ELECTRIC! :D