Why do you dislike/like Trump?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by landrace, Jan 23, 2017.

1. I'm an Independent Non-White Male from the NorthEast. I currently have a graduate degree in Cybersecurity. I voted for Trump for the following reasons:

1) Non-Intervention Foreign Policy
    2) Repeal Obama/Romney Care
    3) Job/Economic Growth
    4) Immigration
    5) End the Fed (audit) I can dream though...
    6) Congressional Term Limits
    7) Cut Spending [debt issue]
    8) Stop Lobbyist
    9) An "F.U. to the Elites, MSM, BLM, and SJW"
    10) Hilary was just that Bad!

I'm neutral on the wall.

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I like Trump because he'll repeal the TPP .. which will benefit us in New Zealand ..

.. and .. because it's just a well needed reminder that you gotta sometimes appreciate the good things about the country you live in, even if it's not perfect ... :)

We don't really have to worry much about extremists over here .. I think New Zealanders know better than to elect somebody without qualifications. I wouldn't even run for parliament myself, even though I have some good ideas about how we could improve this country .. I would most likely get somebody qualified to do it on my behalf, somebody who keeps his mouth shut and doesn't waste time on Twitter.

Even the right-wing political opposition in Venezuela has warned Americans to be cautious about Trump. After all, Venezuela was an example of what happens when you elect a bus driver to office.

But yeah .. I think the rest of the world will benefit, but I still feel bad for Americans. Thank god my parents didn't choose to immigrate there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. There's not enough space on the Grasscity server to list all my dislikes about Trump.

• Like Like x 37
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Like
    -Kicked the DNC square in the nuts after they rigged the primaries against the real progressive
    -Push to audit the fed
    -Sent snowflakes/cultural marxists into the biggest nationwide psychosis since the Civil War
    -Won't meddle with gay marriage

Neutral
    -Repeal/replace ACA. I can't say for sure if this will be good or bad as we don't know the new plan yet
    -His stance on freedom of speech has been unclear
    -Not totally in favor of Planned Parenthood, but far better than any other Republican

Dislike
    -Wants an even more expanded police state via stop-and-frisk and NSA spying
    -Claimed he would "drain the swamp" and has done the exact opposite
    -Wants to kill civilians in foreign wars ("bomb the families")
    -He makes "flip-flop" Romney look stone-cold consistent
    -Supports protectionism that has never been shown to work
    -Is very much a snowflake himself, and responds to the mildest criticism like a 5 year old

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Fascist, populist, childish, emotionless, liar, abuser, rich snob -- what's not to like?

• Like Like x 20
  6. I do not trust him. He is a bait and switch salesman. He will tell you what you want to hear, then when you sign on the dotted line, he'll get the chance to put the knife in your back.

"You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to. So when they turn thier backs on you, you'll get the chance to put the knife in!" - Pink Floyd

• Like Like x 18
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Thank god, I was starting to think we would never have any new Trump threads, cause you know, we don't have enough discussion about him already, right?

• Like Like x 17
  8. Love him tweeting

• Like Like x 2
  9. I like how he doesn't give a flying fuck what he says and who it offends. I don't like that he does it while being president.

• Like Like x 17
  10. I like that he is against letting Muslim refugees from the Middle East into the country. The Americanized Muslim citizens already here are fine, but we don't want what happened in Europe to go on here.

I dislike that he wants a police state and is an incompetent buffoon and has appointed incompetent corrupt people into his new Right Wing administration.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I dislike like his cavalier attitude in fucking over people. Business associates, folks trying to learn real estate, contractors, everyone is fair game.
    He is a con man and has no honor what so ever.
    He feels he isn't even accountable for his own words. Too much ego.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 12
  12. I dislike his ego, and his pettiness and his temperament.

as far as him being a potus, i will reserve judgement. Based on his warhawk picks, i'm a little uneasy.

He seems to be wanting to get shit done rather quickly, and he has proven to be a hard worker (whether we agree or disagree with that shit he winds up doing is a different story)
    But we'll see when the D's or the R's try and cock block something and how he reacts.

he has no political history, no past votes in congress to judge..

so right now all we have is that he's an asshole.. but if he does a decent job and doesn't completely destroy what's left of the US, then I don't care that he's an asshole.

• Like Like x 14
  13. There's not a damn thing I like about him.

He spits on our allies. He praises our enemies. He quotes conspiracy as fact. He is anti science and anti reason. He's an authoritarian. His policies of nationalism and isolationism are naive and prehistoric. His cabinet picks are abysmal. And most egregious of all, he's a god damn thin skinned liar.

• Like Like x 16

14. The media has lied and attempted to undermine Trump every chance they have. The media in this country is not fair and it's propaganda. Thanks to Bill Clinton changing the telecommunication act of 1996 has created this monster that feed propaganda, not facts. In the recent week the media has lied "misreporting" about:

1) MLK Bust
    2) Session Racism
    3) Russian Hacks

Keep in mind this is recent....

Social Media has created an alternative soapbox to speak directly to the american people. Previously elected officials had to go through the media and that message would be distorted. Trump has discovered he can speak directly to the people without that negative filter lying and misconstruing his statements.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Well, I wasn't active for said threads. I didn't see anything specifically pertaining to a discussion of why those that are protesting dislike trump or why they voted for trump. I think it's interesting considering He's elected and he's repealing Obamacare and implementing most policies he set forth in his contract to the american people.

Ironically some people are responding, despite such sarcasm.....

16. He's a nationalist. Our last President tried and partially succeeded in diminishing the USA's standing the world.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sorry I'm absolutely not OK with a direct state controlled source of information overriding the free press. What kind of mental gymnastics do you need to do to twist what he is doing into a way to bypass a, "negative filter?" It's a way to bypass FACTS and instead give you his, "alternative facts."

State controlled media should not be looked at as a good thing. This is the stuff of Russia, North Korea, China, etc...

• Like Like x 4
  18. Just in case nobody at CIA HQ would applaud Don....
    CBS Confirms Trump Brought His Own Studio Audience To Clap For Him At CIA Speech

By Sarah Jones on Mon, Jan 23rd, 2017 at 12:20 pm

CBS News confirmed reports that President Donald Trump brought a studio audience to his visit with the CIA on Saturday. The news agency reports that an official said the visit left a wake of "unease," “made relations with the intelligence community worse," and was “uncomfortable.”

• Like Like x 4
  19. His youngest son makes me want to throw things. An entitled brat he is.