Why do you believe a god exists/what is the reason for your faith?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by m00zix, Mar 3, 2012.

1. #1 m00zix, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2012
    The title is pretty self explanatory, but I'd ask you first define the god concept you subscribe to and list/explain why you believe that god exists (food for thought: what distinguishes the validity of your god from other gods?) If your belief is based on an experience you had, then go into some detail about the experience (more food for thought: how you were able to conclude that lends credence to your belief a god exists?)

*THIS IS NOT A DEBATE THREAD. STROKE YOUR EGO ELSEWHERE*

If you can't resist responding to something in this thread that will spawn a debate, PM the blade that you've responded to him in this thread: http://forum.grasscity.com/spiritua...e-debate-atheist-just-internet-tough-guy.html

If you have the urge to post why you don't believe a god exists, please, don't act on it. You are clearly not the target audience of this thread- can't you read?

TL;DR what god do you believe in and what is the reason for your faith? Keep my thread on topic please :)

2. I dunno about God but I know other species exist on other planets,This can be provin in due time:)

God or the title "God" is too complex,Your talking about someone or something that created this fat ass universe......He's nowhere to be found seen,heard,felt nothing.....chasing wind....

But I do believe he can be found through your old brain;) (You know that little fella in the middle of your brain)

3. I just believe there has to be something out there.. and after doing unmentionables, meditation, studying religious books, etc. I've just came to the conclusion there is. I don't have "proof" but I have faith. You'd understand my proof if you thought exactly as I do, and went through experiences similar to mine, I mean everyone has their beliefs because of their personal experiences. I've found it's difficult to understand where another person is coming from with their religious or non-religious beliefs because you haven't experienced what they have.. nor have you had the same thoughts. Know where I'm coming from?

4. #4 m00zix, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2012
    According to you, no, I don't know where you're coming from :laughing: Again, I'm curious about what god (define it) you subscribe to, and if there are experiences that brought you to this conclusion, what they are/explain how you came to that conclusion (experience or not) :wave:

5. #5 A AnoesisOrange, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2012
    The definition of what I concede to is undefinable and the experiences that brought me to that are inexplicable. Evidence is funny because the truth is unknowable.

I'd say it has something to do with the stars because one time, in the plane of pure consciousness, mine abutted that of a star which didn't communicate with me directly but it revealed truth, but seeing as we aren't true receivers of truth, it was obviously distorted and was left for me to decipher through to try and make something out of it.

6. I also believe that it's impossible to define something that if real, is everything.

This isn't proof or an argument or anything.. but I also think it's cool that the protein that pretty much holds everything in our bodies together is shaped like a cross.

7. #7 Spacelee, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2021

8. I believe in myself as the dictator of my reality.

Everything else I'm not too sure of...I have theory, but I'm too unorganized to come to a clear conclusion thus far

9. God. God. God. God. God. God. God. God. God. God. God. God. God. God.

It's a word to describe something that cannot be described.. and has been transformed to control those who look to seek something outside of themselves to define reality.

Life just is...

10. Faith in the unknown. Because we simply arnt able too know everything. Everyone has their own personal experiences with life

11. Where da godfags at? Lets get some insight to your beliefs!

12. I'd like to believe in some higher deity of some sort, but i don't see any real proof

13. Okay let me dumb down to your level and proove i exist.... (whips out complimentary badge id) you see bitch it says god in plane writing so u can see it my lord now i shall disappear back into the universe.

14. I wish i could believe in god again...

To late now.

15. God doesnt exist. It is folly to try to imagin that infinity has a will and "thinks"

"i am who am" ~ only words in bible thay accuratly.describe god

16. I personally don't believe in a god but I know that many people believe/dont question god's existance because it brings them comfort. There are also those people who's parents raised them into a religion and are to ignorant to even consider that what they already believe isn't entirely true (if not completely false).

17. Why so? Was the idea of god comforting to you?

18. God=Life

Life exists because it doesn't not exist

19. To me that's like asking, "why do you believe the sky is blue?"

It just is.

20. #20 Inexpsyphy, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2012
    Because i get intuitive signs from the universe (or heavens or whatever you prefer) daily.