Why do the leaves sag

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BigGreenHulk, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Can someone please educate me on why my plant leaves sag after watering?

They are 1 month old, and I just corrected a problem with a cal/mag issue. The water I am using is also RO'd in the filtration process so I now add cal mag to the water for every feeding. But I water them to the point where they are nice and loaded and have a bit of run off.

Last night I watered 12 1 gallon pots. I used 4 gallons of water. I collected all the run off afterwards and it was less then half a gallon from the 12 combined meaning they held over 3.5 gallons on the 12 1 gallon fabric smart pots. Ppm of water was 270ish before and I measures 127 for the runoff

I was told the smart pots are nearly impossible to over water and I do not think I am over watering whatsoever but am open for help.. or if this is normal and I am over reacting.. thanks

Attached Files:

2. So those are 1 gal? So they are going to need 5 gal min. Do u check bags by lifting or using a soil meter? Maybe u are waiting too long too water or feed? They look great otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. That's my guess as well

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

4. #4 old shol4evr, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    delete

5. That could just be the end of the day droop you see in some plants.

They get tired just like us!

Beyond that... water temp?

6. I never thought of water temp... I just use filtered water from 5 gallons that are room temp..

ha ha yes we all get tired that is true but this is in the morning and I would guesstimate until the soil is nearly bone dry in which I water again. It usually takes about 2 maybe 3 days until I have to water again

They are 1 gallon fabrics, I never used a fabric pot in my life but I honestly have almost no previous gardening experience. I used 4 gallons last and measured a little less than a half gallon runoff among them so that tells me I am around the 15-20% runoff and the pots are nice and heavy after (before I water they are light as a feather). I dont use a soil meter (do you have one to suggest thanks?). But I could be waiting too long .. I read and read and read and of course heard all sides of the stories for suggestions lol but I found myself waiting until they were bone dry and then watering.

Thanks for letting me know they look good. I get nervous lol :) #NOOB haha

• Like Like x 1
  7. This ones pretty good. I'm getting ready to switch over to fabric pots myself so I'm thinking when I grew in 5-gallon pots it was about 3 days two waterings maybe 4 days depending on the climate in the grow room so yeah I would imagine two days maximum with those small fabric pots. probably could water every other day[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. If you have a RO system why are you screwing around with dirt/compost ?
    Normally plants in some kind of DWC system or aeroponic system are in budding by week 6 .
    Its not to much water,, its not enough oxygen to the roots .
    How long of time do the leaf's sag or droop ?

You have never thought of using a recirculation system ?
    I switched from compost to a aeroponic system, I would never want to go back after growing in aeroponic system .
    Its just so much simpler .

9. I don't have an RO system personally. I purchase 5 gallon jugs of it at the local store (its a cheap rate) as our city water is kinda gross.

The leafs will droop/sag until the soil is nice and dry.. then I water and this issue happens. I just discovered this past week the water I use also goes through RO in the filtration process so I thought it was a cal mag issue.. I now use that every watering (two thus far).And nutes every other. I just started nutes at week 4. first one at 25% second at 50%.. the next one will be 75% and then I will be at full strength.. I'll attach my nute guide I was given.

I plan on using a DWC setup next (or something like that) as I have learned my situation will benefit greatly from going that route.

Attached Files:

10. what are you growing in?
    soil?
    coco?

11. 50/50 happy frog and pro mix

12. well barring anything else coming to mind, perhaps the humidity is too much after all 12 plants all being fed then the evap for a couple days...

13. I have two sensors in there, I always noticed the humidity rise when they were watered .. right now they each read 46% humidity and 79 degrees and the other reads 74.7 and 52% humidity. I have them on opposite spots so I could just assume the average of the two is about correct.

By tomorrow I will see the humidity drop into the low40s to upper 30s where it usually is. If it falls into low 30s I turn on the cool mist in the back there. I haven't had an issue about too much humidity other just after I water for the next day.

But am I possibly over watering (even slightly) and creating more humidity from the excess water? I dunno , I am just throwing ideas out there really :/

But now some have perked up being under the lights for 7 hrs so far. I watered last night 5 hours before they went to bed.

Attached Files:

14. Could have been over watering

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk