Why Do The Call It getting Your Dog Fixed When It Doesnt Work Afterwards?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by intodirt024, Jun 18, 2014.

1. WTF they are not fixing anything, just cutting his nuts off. Opinions on getting animals "fixed"

2. What exactly were you looking for them to fix? Fixing your dog is to stop it from having puppies that's it if you were expecting it to calm it down or something and that's why you got it done then you shouldn't own animals

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. It's just another silly euphemism humans use. Not many people want to explain to their kids that Fido is about to lose his family jewels :p

Neutering, while somewhat of a cruel procedure, is a far better option than allowing your animals to freely reproduce. Less animal overpopulation (and in turn, starvation), less spread of disease, etc.

4. Getting a male dog fixed is pointless. My family only gets females and we fix them because of periods and to avoid pregnancy. My most recent dog is a mixed beagle (she's mixed with a bigger, unknown Hound dog) her behavior didn't calm down at all after the neutering, and I'm glad. She's very friendly, social and hyper and I wouldn't ever want to change that.

5. It's sucks for the dog, but benefits dogs and other animals. It's population control, you gotta do what you gotta do. You can't just tell dogs not to fuck.

6. Actually its not pointless. 

No balls can make males less aggressive and calmer (less dominate because less testosterone)
    They wont piss on everything like they own it, they wont hump everything

7. #7 lilro, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2014
    Or you could, you know, watch your fucking animal.

How come parents don't get their children "fixed"?

8. #8 lFourTwenty, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2014

Well you see, there's a difference between animals and humans.

Humans can choose not to keep fucking and having kids, animals can't make that choice. Although there are some humans with animal-like sex drives, at least we can use birth control. Many women get their tubes tied after they are finished having kids.

Edit: Also, try having a couple unfixed cats live in your house. They spray like a skunk to mark their territory and the smell would be enough to drive you out of the house, not to mention the constant fighting they would be doing. Getting animals fixed is not a bad thing.

9. Thats dumb

Because parents dont make kids shit on the lawn 

10. I know you can't control their sex drive. But you can keep them away from other animals to fuck. That's basic. My dad has 3 dogs, 2 are females, and none are "fixed". There has never been a pregnancy.

As far as fighting and whatnot, that's what training is for.

It sounds like some of you let your pets run your life.

11. #11 lFourTwenty, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014

Lol you must be pretty baked..I would say your dad is letting his dogs run his life if he has to watch them all the time to make sure they don't fuck each other and other dogs.

You're saying pets owners should be around 24/7 so they shouldn't have to get their pets fixed..then you say some of us let pets run our lives.. :laughing:

12. Wow. You think its better to mutilate living creatures than watch them, and put them somewhere away from other animals while you're away...Do you just let your pets roam the neighborhood? Do you take ANY responsibility for your pets?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. My dog is broken. I push the power button but nothing happens. Please let me know if you find a good dog fixer. Thanks!  :)

14. #14 lFourTwenty, Jun 19, 2014

My pets are inside..I take them outside to let them run around then bring them back inside. They are fixed. If they weren't fixed, they would not be in my house. 

I take full responsibility for my pets, which is why I paid alot of money to have them fixed. I am not interested in sitting around the house all day everyday watching them like a hawk to make sure they don't fuck each other, and I don't have to lock them up in a room by themselves for hours while I'm away. 

If you have outdoor cats and don't get them fixed, they will keep multiplying until you are forced to do something about it. They do not know when to stop, because they do not have the ability to make that decision. It is natural for them to reproduce until they can't anymore.

Edit: You've clearly never had cats because if you had, there's no way you would be against getting them fixed. Un-fixed dogs don't spray, but un-fixed cats do. And like I said before, it will smell bad enough to drive you out of the house. Even when they do it outside you can smell it for a long time.

15. I live in the country and both my male dogs are neutered. They live outside and being fixed stops them from wanting to roam in order to mate.

It's their job to guard our place and they are well aware of it....they aren't lap dogs, and if anyone or any animals come on their turf they'll "fix" them.....

16. That's true my experience is with dogs. I feel like if you can't keep your pet from fucking random animals, being overly aggressive, and shitting on your carpet, you shouldn't own a pet. Again, I know nothing of the cat spraying thing. I'll have to look it up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Lol....this thread man.

18. #18 lFourTwenty, Jun 19, 2014

I can only compare the smell to extremely bad body odor..but it's much more pungent and it sticks around forever. Females and males both do it and the only way to stop it is getting them fixed. 

I would never get my cats declawed though, it serves no useful purpose to the cat and only harms them. The only reason people get their cat declawed is so they won't tear up the furniture, but it's basically the equivalent getting your fingernails removed. I am definitely against having cats declawed, but getting them spayed/neutered does alot of good for the cat and owner.

19. Well since that's your experience then it should obviously be the experience of everyone else! Pet owners have to live up to your standards in order for them to care for another living being.

Should start a website to make it easier for people to follow in the only pet owning path.