Why do people swear in texts and on the internet

Discussion in 'General' started by crystal ship, Nov 24, 2009.

1. I mean. Fair enough in real life in which it has become a part of your vocabulary, but when people start effin and blinding in texts and on the internet it just seems very imature. Anyone agree? I mean in small doses it's a good way to show your anger, but why do it constantly? yknow.

2. I type the way i talk?

I really don't care how i look on the internet. :p

3. Fuck that shit.
    ;)

4. bedder dan talkin like dis yo

cuz i was like so getn tires of dat shit

5. I dont fucking know.

:)

6. exactly, i type the same way i talk. i do curse a lot though.

7. dammit...you beat me to it...mother fucker...:mad:

8. what the fuckshitpissasspenisdickfaggottrifflin*****cockva-j-jdingdong
    are you talking about

i dont fucking cuss

anyway
    i type how i speak

thats why i dont type out sentences/paragraphs

9. it is a way of expressing yourself, like everything, language, art, etc.

like if i won a million dollars and got a blowjob i wouldnt say, " I had a good day today"

I would say, " I had a fuckin great day today! Goddamn motha fuckas! Yea!"

you know

10. I think most people just talk the way they talk in real life on the forums. But even if not why does it really matter if a person swears or not? Most of the time swear words are used in a neutral mannar and aren't used to attack someone.

Its just another way of talking. its like a slang of sorts, if you use slang in normal conversation your most likely going to use it when texting or talking on the internet.

11. i agree, i type as though i speak. when a cuss word comes out of my fingers, it originated in my head as part of my original thought. i disagree with censorship :)

12. Id RaThEr TyPe LiKe ThIs AlL ThE TiMe YoU KnOw wHat I mEan?

13. let me reiterate, fuck cencorship

14. Did you know that cursing can provide pain relief? (I should fucking cuss all the fucking time god damn it:D)

Why the #$%! Do We Swear? For Pain Relief: Scientific American

15. This is how I fucking talk, god damn it.

16. Because I'm a grown up, and sometimes they are used to get a point across.

I know when it's appropriate to curse and when it isn't. If I'm at work, at a preschool, or visiting a nursing home, then I keep my language clean.

If I'm on an anonymous internet form, dedicated to marijuana, with the main user being 18-25yo males, then I might just throw out the occasional what the fuck, who fucking cares, or (my personal favorite) jesus fucking wept.

I'm tempted to post a link to a knitting forum...

17. Because text is the human version of recording what you say, and a lot of people like to fucking cuss. I'm guilty. We all are.

:hello:

18. Since I'm on the subject matter, I've been aware of how much I cuss lately, and really need to cut back.

Sure does make you look trashy in "real life." If anything, I think internet and/or text might be more appropriate than saying it out loud.

19. it's funny because in real-life i don't swear (for the most part), but on the internet i do.
    i don't know why.

20. This man speaks the fucking truth!:hello: