why do people say cbd is not psychoactive

Discussion in 'General' started by kiddosmile, Sep 25, 2013.

1. psychoactive means to have effect on the mind

cbd treats anxiety

???

2. Dunno about all that psychoactive mumbo jumbo. But real anxiety has nothing to do with the mind, and everything to do with the heart (physical). 

3. Regular candy is not psychoactive yet is has an effect on my mind. 

4. People don't claim this, it's classified by science as non psychoactive. Psychoactive doesn't mean affects brain, it means causes a change in perception essentially.

5. whoa! hold on

whoever posted and then deleted, "cbd doesn't have effect on my _________ but it affect my ______"

just hit gold.. why did you delete that?

this is the post, right here.  

7. Youre thinking of psychedelic. Cbd is psychoactive, but not psychedelic.

8. #8 Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2013
    [quote name="Snoop Toad" post="18737749" timestamp="1380142153"]Youre thinking of psychedelic. Cbd is psychoactive, but not psychedelic.[/quote]False, my original statement standshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinoid#Cannabidiol

9. All but one of those basically say it isnt psychoactive LIKE thc, which it isnt. I think theyre using the term to distinguish that it wont get you high.

Tbh it doesnt matter what anybody says, purely by definition cbd is paychoactive....what else would you even call it? It certainly isnt inactive...

I think cbd is psychoactive in the sense that it calms your mind

11. We do know that CBD by itself has no psychoactive effects. I can tell you without a doubt that THC "calms your mind" way more than CBD. lol But CBD has many healing properties and could end up being the most important cannabinoid of the plant. 

If anything CBD just regulates THC -'the high'- without it causing negative psychoactive effects. aka schizophrenia like symptoms! This is way above my pay grade so yea :) 

12. I think it's because sativas are considered to be more of a 'head high'. Indicas are more of a relaxed, non mental high. When I smoke an indica my mindstate isn't really uplifted and energized. Sativas, on the other hand definitely produce a more profound effect on the way I'm thinking.

13. also, the man who said cbd regulates THC is more on than anyone else..

yes, you throw the ratio off, WEIRD stuff happens..

14. I can tell you without a doubt CBD has "calmed my mind" way more than THC. And aren't you kind of contradicting yourself? You say THC calms the mind but then you go on saying how CBD regulates THC therefore isnt that easing the mind? I dont know just challenging your argument not saying anyone is right or wrong just things I observed/questioned.

But all I have as proof is personal experience so what do I know lol

15. #17 nomoredoubts, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
    If you take a pain killer for example and it then relax's your muscles/body does that mean its psychoactive?

The same could be said for cbd, it relax's your body and muscles therefore giving you a relaxed feeling of warmth and calmness which in turn creates happy feelings in the mind in the same way any relaxation of your body would do, but its non psychoactive, as in its not going to get you thinking about things in a different way or have you trying to figure out the meaning of life, its all about the body being more relaxed with this particular compound.

I'm sure the science crew will tell you the exact meaning of the differences but in lament terms this is it in a nut shell.

16. Anxiety has nothing to do with the mind, rather the heart?

Where on earth does this information come from?

17. I lolled at that too, you can however have anxiety issues that are created strictly from the body which are then confused with psychological anxiety, if someones body is not working correctly it can fire off certain signals to the mind which can often be misinterpreted as anxiety but yes actual anxiety most defiantly is all in the mind, if you fight it you win and the anxiety goes away, if you run from it your anxiety will only get worse, its the fight or flight reaction causing the problem.