Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do dispensaries get raided?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by halcyone, Dec 1, 2009.

1. I am wondering why dispensaries in California get raided? What are they actually charged with?

2. they actually don't get raided much anymore. The DEA never actually charged ANYONE with anything under the Bush Regime. The more recent raids have all been either local or state police who actually get search warrants. What they're charged with though, we don't know because typically the indictments are sealed until trial.

3. Because, for example, California's weed laws are a state law and the DEA is a federal agency.
    Weed is illegal under federal law so that overpowers the state law. America's relationship with marijuana is extremely complicated and strange.
    Plus, everyone knows how dangerous and extremely harmful weed is, right? :rolleyes:

4. Its as bad as meth!!

5. ^^^

I know man! We should protect our children from it by making it illegal and therefore forcing onto the unregulated market, thereby making it easier for them to get their hands on.

God we're so smart

6. they "USED" to get raided for breaking state law...(too much weed in the clubs possession) but that doesn't happen any more in CALI4NIA...

7. They would get raided whenever the DEA agents ran short on money and weed:)

8. Thanks for the info Will, was wondering where I could turn some stones to find the answer to this, but my search hasn't been all that yielding at the moment. Any info on this would definitely be appreciated.

9. en....
    I met the same pro...

10. I totally agree!! I watch that DEA show on TV and it shocks me at how twisted they really are. They make it sound all of us are violent. Hell, I have never been in a fight in my life....well, hand to hand combat that is.

11. It is illegal to operate a for profit marijuana dispensary in the Los Angeles county limits, and a lot of the dispensaries violate that law (according to DA Steve Cooley who is usually full of shit when it comes to medical marijuana). There's also limits on the amount of product, there's security violations. It's the same thing as firefighters fucking with a bar owner for having too many people in his place. Is he doing anything wrong? Not really, but as long as it's technically illegal you open yourself up to that kind of stuff.

12. the not for profit is the not the same as non-profit

the big money they make will be the downfall

they buy in bulk cheep and sell @ street prices

13. I know this. Marijuana dispensaries in Los Angeles are to be operated on a not-for-profit basis. And when the publically elected District Attorney says, "the sale of marijuana is illegal under state law," you should really make sure you stay in compliance to avoid unnecessary headaches.

Also, the differences between the way L.A. handles their dispensaries compared to say, San Francisco is insane. There's 30 dispensaries in San Francisco while L.A. has ~1,000, many of which are operating in direct violation of the law, and serve as nothing more than a one stop shop for a bunch of kids with "nerve damage" from skateboarding accidents. It really gives the (vast majority) of dispensaries which operate legally a bad name, and it adds fuel to the fire of these anti mm officials.

14. Ya LA is out of control..... More pot clubs then churches or schools

15. Watch super high me :D

16. To bad California cant be like Oregon, Marijuana in Oregon cannot be sold from patient to patient and there are no "dispensaries" in Oregon it is how it should be free home grown, not like California's Collective that are suppose to be non-profit, but for some reason are turning profits as if money did grow on trees. I my-self am a MMJ patient from California, and now live up in Oregon and have spoken with MMOP patients here and have been told what a benefit it is to be able to grow your own medicine, and not have to worry about spending 20+ a gram or 300-400+ per ounce.