Why do cops think their such bosses?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by catfish swiming, Aug 16, 2011.

1. I was walking to work this morning on my daily route. I crossed the foot bridge i cross everyday. At the end of the bridge was a car with its high beams on. I kept walking and when i walked past the car i looked at it. It was a police car. I felt my pipe in my pocket with my hand and acted cool. The cop in the car looked at me and put his hand up and did the finger sighn to "come here".

I walked over and treated him like i would do to one of my friends. "hey man hows it going" i said to him in a friendly tone, because after all he is a person and i dont judge people by their occupations. "what adress have you come from" he said in a single tone, serious voice. "63 nigerian street, im just on my way to work man" i said to him. He pulled out a little note book and wrote my adress and asked my name "what is your birth name" he said in his serious 'im such a boss' voice. "henery the horse" (I didnt actually say that im just really ripped right now haha) and so he wrote my name down in his little pad and told me to stand in front of the car and do a slow 360 spin so he can get a look at my clothes.

So i gladly stood in front of his car and done what he said and walked back over to his window and said "am i all good to go now? " he looked at me with his serious boss face and said "yes" So i said "thanks man have a good say" in a friendly general tone, but he just ignored me and kept writing in his little pad.

Seriously? what a dick? in previous experinces with them they ALWAYS put on this serious robot boss persona and act all serious when im trying to be friendly and try get a human response from them. They just talk like computers. What a boring life.

Why do they think they're such bosses?????

2. power trippers man, i mean being in that position of power could tend to corrupt weak minded people, taking more power because it satisfies something in their brain or whatever.

im also assuming that kids who got bullied or maybe bullies themselves didnt amount to anything so they became cops, bullies kept on doing it and kids who got bullied get back at the people that bullied them. (bully bullied and bullies is the weirdest looking word ever.)

and i think a major reason is that some cops are ex-military officer, so they are trained for war on a specific chain of command and they arent used to human interaction.

some cops arent on power trips, ive dealt with several good cops, it just depends on the person i guess.

3. Some cops are just dicks, on a power trip.

I know cops are people and that some are having a bad day so they take it out on people that can't do anything, then one day they fuck with the wrong person and get the 44. Just like off Lion King, circle of life, circle of life.

4. Simple. They got nothing better do.
    My brother is a cop and just the stories he tells me from busting kids smoking or just even smelling like it. He's one of those cops unfortunately. He's tried searching my room before. But that shit ain't happening.

5. LOl at your avatr dissec. One of my child hood friends dad was a cop. He let us watch r rated movies when we were kids and was cool as hell. He let us drink at his house when he went out of town when we were 16. such a cool guy. But most of them tend to act like robots. Not quite like the guy of grandma's boy... but certianly close.

6. Ha thanks.

Thats the thing, some are cool, others are assholes. Who knows though, one of my friends dads was a cop, he was in the worst part of town daily, night shift. Said he'd find kids (13-15) dead, crackheads sprawled out, once arrived to a call of an uncle beating his 14 year old nephew to death with a shovel, that'd fuck alot of people up for life, guess its just how they deal with it in some cases. (although some are just assholes)

7. When you put people in a uniform and tell them they have power over others, psychology kicks in and changes them to control freaks. There are pretty interesting studies on this. I'll try to find some tomorrow to post if I remember.

8. They're jealous of stoners, so they do everything in their power to make us miserable lol

9. all authority fiqures are assholes, incase you havent noticed. power gives them a "high". makes them think their better than us.

10. :wave:that wasnt a cop

THEY are FOLLOWING YOU

11. It's not always that they think they're bosses.

It's a defense mechanism.

As soon as you get comfortable, shoot the breeze, etc. someone will take advantage. For a cop that could mean getting shot before he realizes that he's being friendly with a murderer/burglar/crackhead/whatever. So they keep it all business, no personality. Also cops deal with a lot of shitty people; it kinda causes them to not want to make friends while on the job.

Obviously some people just loving having power and control too tho.

12. I can't talk about America, cause your laws are fucked up. But here in Canada, being aloud to walk arround with a gun on your hip, is a privilige only cops, and high end secruirity guards, have.

I would feel like a Boss to, if I could walk around with a gun and a badge.

13. It's strictly professional. As others have said, they don't know what they are letting themselves in for.

Anyone with the power to deprive me of my liberty gets treated with some respect. Just like mental health workers too...

14. Learn your state's law and fuck with there mind(If there mean be nice at first). I do not know how the US works but in my Australian state he had no right to make you stand infront of the vechicle for a "clothes check"

15. wait so does your brother act all cop robot like during this?

16. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0jYx8nwjFQ]Zimbardo shows how most evil comes from hierarchy - YouTube[/ame]

17. Man I've came across Some good one and some bad ones. Just kill them with kindness and always know your rights. You were a pedestrian, you weren't violating anyone or any laws. He can't make you be his bitch like that...and he should have let you known why he was doing all that..

18. tl;dr
    If I were a cop I would feel like a boss. You get to do whatever you want.

19. tl;dr
    If I were a cop I would feel like a boss. You get to do whatever you want.

20. I have no idea why but cops don't fuck with me. The one time one said something to me about my doggie (he's a pit, people around here have them too but they treat them like shit. Assholes) he was very nice and not forceful in his tone.

Being in NYC you expect asshole cops, ha.