Why do christians blame everything bad on the devil?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by HideYoChurren, Nov 19, 2011.

1. How about Buddhism? Was it created just to control the masses? Christianity and Buddhism have a lot of similarities...they teach things that are HELPFUL to a person. Your logic is broken.

2. I just came here to say.

Your wrong mommas right!

3. Yes, religion teaches helpful philosophy. Too bad (most of) it comes with harmful dogma.

How can a person learn to be good when their reasons for being moral depend on pleasing/not displeasing an alleged master? Without any free will, what does good matter?

You can do good for yourself, and you have nothing to fear from a god or from an alleged eternal afterlife. So learn what you can from these religions, and then free yourself of them.

4. #24 flapflip, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2011
    [quote name='"MiloHasAGun"']
    qft man.

i dont see why so many people have to question and criticize christians for their beliefs. (not saying anyone was criticizing here but i see it all the time). it's a religion we're born into and raised to believe. we can choose to believe it or not, but knowledge and faith are 2 different things.

sorry i just get tired of seeing "oh your christian? then your just stupid" type threads.[/quote]

I do too. Its just like, seriously?

Do you really have nothing else to do with your life than sit on a forum and put people down and bash something that doesn't affect you in any way, other than not believing in it? I could question the THEORY of evolution. I could question the big bang THEORY, which comes pretty damn close to describing the first few verses of Genesis. But I do not. Because I have no time for people like that. Its not even worth fighting over, they're so damn closed-minded. I just shake my head and move on.

If you wanna bash religion because you're an ignorant dickhead with too much free time, I suggest you look elsewhere.

Here's a link: http://www.christianforums.com/

• Like Like x 1
  5. Religion is some powerful powerful stuff.
    Everyone knows how powerful placebo is, when someone really devotes and believes.. Things do happen (within reason, no fuckin' "i can walk!")

I sometimes wish I believed in a strong good religion, I can't just choose one as they're all massive and good/bad in their own ways.

But I think some religions would make quality of life much better.
    (but you might get judged and hated, your life could be bliss.)

Anyways, belief and fact are almost the same thing.

6. Once again, you dont know what you're talking about when you talk about Christianity. You dont even get the basics.

God isnt pleased by simply doing good deeds, a person has to be genuine. You cant be good just so you can earn a ticket in heaven, God knows our intentions. This is made very clear.

Why do you continue to spout ignorance? Havent you learned ANYTHING from the YEARS you have been here? You are not productive at all. You do not even know the BASICS.

7. look im not here to bash anyone, i just wanted an explanation on why bad things are caused by the devil and good things should be thanking god for. i just think if you are the creator, then you should fess up to the evils of the world and not make a scapegoat known as the devil.

8. Its simply a debate thread. I never put anyone down. why are you bashing me for making a thread that "doesnt affect you in any way", you should just "shake your head and move on"

besides, both jesus and the Mods would NOT appreciate the mean things you called me. I hope a mod - reps you for name calling.

9. The devil tempts, deceives, accuses, manipulates, misguides, etc....these qualities work through people. God does none of those.

Its basically what our ego does...Christianity calls it the devil. Its really not as farfetched as it seems, many religions have similar teachings about the ego.

10. Yeah, I don't expect you to agree with it, but it makes complete logical sense in my mind. We can't begin to really explain "what" anything is, so how can we begin to explain God's entire reasoning for creating and causing things.

If you sow death, you reap death. We can come up with logical reasons for things, but that's not necessarily the end all reason that God has.

1 reason He created that cancer was to give people a reason to not use those substances. The consequence to sowing death is reaping death.

11. My logic is broken... Buddhism teaches the philosophy's of spiritual energy, mediation, peace, love, etc. Christianity preaches that one must believe in the bible or they shall be killed. Christianity is a fucked up religion that condones rape, war, hatred, sexism, racism, genocide, cowardice, greed, etc.

Next time you read you're wonderful bible, why don't you open you're fucking eyes and actually take a look at some of the horrible things it supports.

One last thing, my logic isn't broken, your logic is broken. Do some research before you run you're fucking chops.

Last but not least, the christian god is a fucking tyrant worse then Hitler or Stalin. I would rather worship a piece of shit then the christian god. :smoke:

12. #32 flapflip, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2011
    [quote name='"HideYoChurren"']

Its simply a debate thread. I never put anyone down. why are you bashing me for making a thread that "doesnt affect you in any way", you should just "shake your head and move on"

besides, both jesus and the Mods would NOT appreciate the mean things you called me. I hope a mod - reps you for name calling.[/quote]

It wasn't intended at you in particular, just towards all the people who do it on a daily basis here. And "doesn't affect you in any way" was how atheists who get butthurt anytime anyone brings up Christmas feel. I don't understand how something that doesn't affect you is the one thing that strikes a nerve. Its as pointless as people hating gays. It does affect me though, it annoys the shit out of me because I can't even take my happy ass to chruch without getting glared at lol.

Its pointless arguing with people like that because they have a set goal to take anyone who has any sort of spiritual influences in their lives, and bitch them out for wanting to put a little more meaning to life. That's where the "shake my head and move on" parts come from.

So before you quote me out of context again and make yourself look like an even bigger ass, know what your talking about.

13. You say the Bible supports these "horrible things" yet you are currently participating in the exact things you condemn. How are you any different than your interpretation of Christianity? To me, it's hypocritical, but aren't we all hypocrites at the end of the day? :confused_2:

Just know that your interpretation of Christianity, the Christian God, and the Bible may be extremely erroneous.

14. The bible has gone through corruption, misinterpretations, translations, etc....most people realize this, apparently you dont.

You obviously have no clue who Jesus was if you think he stood for rape, hate, genocide, greed, etc. If you really put effort to understand the message, you would. Do you think the millions of Christians are in support of a belief system that teaches rape and hatred? Like I said, your logic is broken. Jesus taught love, forgiveness, honesty, charity, etc....somehow you think he stood for the opposite. Do some research.

15. THE "BE" ATTITUDES :) ^^^^

Sermon on the Mount
    Matthew 5-7

16. Lack of philosophical reasoning/cop out. They do not believe in God from their own logical deductions, but because it is what they were told and so a long line of cop outs from generation to generation began.

17. Yup.. Except not all Christians are like that. It's usually the ones who don't question Biblical teaching

18. why should it? lmao what dude?

19. Yeah, this is what I meant, but since it was talking about those who blame the devil for everything bad, in that case it is almost always the blind followers.

20. Another thing, is I dont appreciate being "forced" into belief.

example -

You are a very good person and live a good life. you try to not commit sins, and you are a genuinely nice person. the catch is, youre an atheist.

when you die, lets assume there is a heaven.

when you get there, god goes "you were a very good person, but youre an atheist, so shit on you, motherfucker. now you go to hell for eternity"

why would a god be such a judgemental ass like that? just because someone doesnt believe in him, why should they be condemned to hell?

i dont like being threatened by eternal hell and forced into belief. that seems like nazi-ish to me, and i dont want it. anyone agree?