Why do christians blame everything bad on the devil?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by HideYoChurren, Nov 19, 2011.

1. "God created everything in the world"

"so why did he create cancer then, and give it to children?"

"oh uhm..... thats the devil. he does that. hes responsible for everyting bad."

any comments?

2. I personally always thought the reason the devil was invented was to place blame on something else. I didn't do it, the devil made me and all that.

If people have something else to blame, they dont have to take responsibility for their own actions. This is a pretty logical response. I'm surprised you didn't come to this conclusion on your own tbh. Unless you're just another person who likes to poke fun at the beliefs of others.

3. I just want a response on why. i agree with you. i think its just to make god look like the good guy.

if you create EVERYTHING, then you create EVERYTHING, both good and bad.

4. It's all about money and power of organized religion. The devil is a myth created by religion to scare people into submission. If there was no devil in religion, they'd go out of business.

5. You will find no logic in a belief system my friend. Best to spend your time thinking on positive things, like how to cure cancer. Peace.

6. I don't do that...

Isaiah 45:7 (King James Version), God straight up says He created evil.

The Bible is very clear that God created all things (including evil and calamity), however His reason for creating it is different than the way we interpret it. Our finite minds can't begin to comprehend the totality of His reasoning, but He has revealed small portions through His Word (I believe). Call it a cop-out or whatever, but I can live in peace with that knowledge.

Anyway, I don't really blame.. I just live and rejoice as much as possible :)

7. i respect ur answer, and understand it.

my only response, is the bolded seems sketch to me.

it goes with "god works in mysterious ways, we dont understand"

his reason for creating cancer is different than the way i interpret it?

i interpret it as he fucking killed my grandparents. (in all honestly cigarettes did,) but since god created everything, he created the disease that took my grandparents away from me.

i do not intend to be rude. just a debate.

8. [quote name='"meddlehaze"']
    I don't do that...

Isaiah 45:7 (King James Version), God straight up says He created evil.

The Bible is very clear that God created all things (including evil and calamity), however His reason for creating it is different than the way we interpret it. Our finite minds can't begin to comprehend the totality of His reasoning, but He has revealed small portions through His Word (I believe). Call it a cop-out or whatever, but I can live in peace with that knowledge.

Anyway, I don't really blame.. I just live and rejoice as much as possible :)[/quote]

I would +rep you but I can't on my iPod but that was great thanks for dropping some knowledge :)

9. They blame some things on the jews.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Im not stupid either, im pretty sure i could understand his reasoning with my "finite" brain.

11. i'm tempted to post every picture i've ever seen in reddit/r/atheism. but i wont.

12. Man made God so God could make man. Man made the devil so that he could understand, why it is that every day everything always turns out this way.

13. Many diseases happen because a person is making unhealthy choices...should smoking cigarettes cause no harm? Should drinking anti-freeze cause no harm?

14. I've never heard any christian say the devil is responsible for cancer

usually those type of questions are answered with a more general answer, like
    God gives us trials and tribulations, and barriers to go thru
    but he won't throw anything at us we can't handle
    thats the christian approach imo

15. qft man.

i dont see why so many people have to question and criticize christians for their beliefs. (not saying anyone was criticizing here but i see it all the time). it's a religion we're born into and raised to believe. we can choose to believe it or not, but knowledge and faith are 2 different things.

sorry i just get tired of seeing "oh your christian? then your just stupid" type threads.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Because they're christians?

17. All christians do this obviously

18. Because they are arrogant and blinded by monotheistic stone aged beliefs. They criticize Islam and Judaism but they are just as violent and arrogant as any other hypocritical bullshit religion. All religion was created for was too control the masses. :smoke:

19. But you are leaving the definition of healthy up to the "creator," why wasn't it created so that smoking cigarettes and drinking anti-freeze is healthy?
    Let me guess, I can't begin to imagine how his thoughts were processed that week...

20. What are you talking about?

I guess he should have made it so fire wouldnt harm us when we touch it either?

Some chemicals just dont belong on our internal tissues or in our brain.