Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do a lot of people not get high the first time?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Misc, Jun 25, 2011.

1. I smoked a bunch of bowls out of a homemade gatorade bong with my 2 friends. I didn't really feel it at first, just kinda dizzy. then in like 5 minutes we were running around a baseball field, i leaned over a fence and it hit me. then like 2 and a half hours later i'm laughing y ass off at wendy's 3 miles away.

2. I did 2 bowls and a joint of blueberry kush. I was tooo fucked. surprised i didnt throw up. Oh and btw, i was 7

3. higher than hell laid on the floor eatin a whole bag of chips i was only 12 i DONT recommend starting that young

4. #24 Storm Crow, Jun 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2011
    OSU, close, hon! :)

CB receptors are on the surface of cells and there are several types, but the CB1 and CB2 are the most common. CB1 gets you high, CB2 does not. They work kind of like an ignition switch in a car. You need the right shaped key (right type of cannabinoid) to fit in the keyhole (receptor) and that turns "something" on!

Now that "something" can be all sorts of events! It might be killing a cancer cell by "reminding" that it is supposed to die (apoptosis or autophagy), or calming a nerve down to ease a bowel disorder, to "instructing" an infant how to nurse instinctively, to stopping an epileptic seizure! Your cannabinoid receptors do all that and WAY more! :eek:

Now this is SUPER important and may lead to a better high! :smoking: When cells divide, they have to grow new "skin" to grow back to their proper size. When this happens, new cannabinoid receptors are made. If you are low on Omega 3 the new CB receptors may be defective and won't work 100%!

Now if your CB1 receptors are not working right, you are missing out on the maximum high! :eek: The THC can't fit into a "broken keyhole"! Only part of the THC receptors will be able to "turn you on"! You are getting this :smoke:, instead of this :smoking:!

Now, will popping a few Omega 3s, get you higher tonight? No way, Jose- it takes a long time- months or maybe even years. :( Think of the process- you got a defective cell and it divides in a Omega 3-rich environment. The two new cell's "skin" is 50% the old defective "skin" and 50% new working CB receptor "skin". When it divides again, the "old" will be just 25%. And you got millions and millions of cells to heal! This is going to take some time!

However, since Omega 3 is very good for your heart, you should be taking it, anyway! The getting higher eventually, is a delightful bonus! :smoke:

And here's the kicker! :D Guess what plant's seeds have the BEST bunch of Omega 3? :confused_2:

HEMP! Hemp/marijuana seed oil is an excellent source of Omega 3- even better than flax seed oil (the most popular vegetable source). And unlike fish oil Omega 3 supplements, there is no danger of mercury contamination! :hello:

I think that the reason some folks don't get high the first time can be one of three reasons (a) their body is so cannabinoid deficient that little of it makes it to the brain- the body NEEDS cannabinoids for all sorts of things to happen. Supply is limited and the demand for cannabinoids is huge! Or (b) they are like "knock-out mice (mice bred to be low in certain receptors) or (c) they lack enough functional CB receptors to get high!

And for my fellow cannabis nerds! :yay:

Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions. (abst – 2011)
    Unbound MEDLINE | Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions. PubMed Journal article abstract

Occurrence of "omega-3" stearidonic acid in hemp seed (full - 1996)
    Occurrence of "omega-3" stearidonic acid in hemp seed

Therapeutic Hemp Oil (article - no date)
    Therapeutic Hemp Oil, by Andrew Weil, M.D

Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency (full - 2004)
    http://www.freedomtoexhale.com/clinical.pdf

(If you liked that, click that first link in my sig! :hello: )

Granny :wave:

5. I had to smoke like 4 times so I could get high. The reason why people don't get high the first time is either because they didn't inhale right, the THC barrier hasn't been broken or some people, unfortunately can not get high at all.

6. i didnt get high my first time smoking a joint, but second time i used a bong and got super super duper high

7. some people cannot get high at all? that seems doubtful

8. I got baked off my ass the first time smoking it was the brownest schwag I've ever smoked and we unloaded a black&mild then reloaded it with weed I got soo high... Also all the weed cherries I've popped got high( noticably doing stupid things) so I don't know how to answer your question..

9. Exodus - read up on CB1 knock-out mice! They do not respond to THC. And most conditions that can be bred into mice can happen in humans! CB1 deficient mice are lean, but sickly.

CB1 cannabinoid receptor knockout in mice leads to leanness, resistance to diet-induced obesity and enhanced leptin sensitivity (full - 2004)
    International Journal of Obesity - CB1 cannabinoid receptor knockout in mice leads to leanness, resistance to diet-induced obesity and enhanced leptin sensitivity

Milk intake and survival in newborn cannabinoid CB1 receptor knockout mice: evidence for a "CB3" receptor. (abst – 2003)
    \tMilk intake and survival in newborn cannabinoid CB... [Eur J Pharmacol. 2003] - PubMed result

Increased Severity of Stroke in CB1 Cannabinoid Receptor Knock-Out Mice
    (full - 2002)
    Increased Severity of Stroke in CB1 Cannabinoid Receptor Knock-Out Mice

Defective adult neurogenesis in CB1 cannabinoid receptor knockout mice.
    (full - 2004)
    Defective Adult Neurogenesis in CB1 Cannabinoid Receptor Knockout Mice

10. i dint get high because i dont think i was inhaling right i was a noob at smoking but my second time with my brother i got so fucking blasted

11. I got high the first time.

I think some people don't get high because they don't really know how it feels/what to look for.

12. I smoked a blunt of some pretty good mids my first time and I was goooooone lol the first few highs are the best, everything looks like your looking through a tunnel haha

13. i smoked a bowl out of a steamroller my first time along with a blunt and another bowl.
    i coughed so much i remember but i didnt feel high till my 4th or 5th time blazing.