Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why didn't my brownies work?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by pitching101, Mar 1, 2009.

1. I made brownies with 1.5 grams per person and they didn't work, tell me where I went wrong:

-I filled a deep frying pan with an inch of water and let a metal mixing pot sit on top (makeshift double boiler).
    -I had the water in the bottom pan boiling and melted the butter in the top pot.
    -I added the ground up weed into the melted butter on top and let it cook for about an hour stirring every 5 minutes.
    -My problem might have been that the top bottom never got hot enough. Even though the water under it was boiling it never seemed to be very hot in the top mixing pot. I know it was supposed to simmer but what does a simmer look like. Is it supposed to bubble a little?
    -After an hour I strained the weed/butter mixture and let it cool then mixed it in with unsweetened bakers chocolate, heavy cream, and the brownie mix.
    -I baked it in the oven at 320 degrees for about 10 minutes.

Where did I go wrong? Was the weed/butter mixture in the double boiler not hot enough? I had the flame on pretty high and the water underneath it was boiling? Did it matter that the brownie mix was low carb? Help please

2. If your worried about burning the weed either use a crock pot or add water to the weed/butter solution. I simmer mine at least overnight in a crockpot.

Also i have never seen brownies that called for cream or cooked in only 10 minutes. Most cook for 30 at 350F

3. My Girl Friend made some a while back, her brother put some hash in there, she made it in the oven really high heat (she put some thick stuff in there so it needed to cook on high) then she chilled it. The hash lost most of its effect so I think its just cooking it. I don't know just try some hash if you can get some.

4. Next time use brownies that call for oil in the recipe instead of butter. It is very easy to overcook your canna-butter or THC oil, and all the thc will burn away. Simmer the oil on med-LOW. Once its brought to a small simmer, dump in 3-5g, and stir it around. Stir every few minutes for 15 minutes or so. Then just add the oil as you would and finish making them. Worked wonders for me :hello: