Why did you start?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brwnbubblez, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Why did you guys start smoking weed? Just curious
    And why do you like it?

2. #2 Yung Bizzy, Dec 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2008
    Someone shoved a bong in my face, keeps me balanced and I enjoy it

3. I was always interested in smoking pot. it seemed like some of the most intelligent people i knew smoked in high school and I was bored of drinking halfway though freshman year of college so I made some calls tried it out and liked it. I'm not one of those people who took forever to buy their own bud, I was buyin maybe the 3rd time I smoked. I didn't want to rely on shady people, and the more desperate I was the shady-er the sellers got, so by buying 8ths and quarters right away I was never really in need.

4. omg! same here, it was a really cool rasta bong named wookie
    by the end of the night i was crawling to that thing from across the yard
    been hooked ever since XD

5. I started because of peer pressure.

I keep it up because my first time getting high was incredible.

6. I don't know, I just asked a friend if he could get me marijuana - and then it began.

7. all the cool kids were doing it :rolleyes::p

8. because it smells DELICIOUS!! especially when bein' smoke in a joint
    it wasn't because of peer pressure or some rap song or any other reason other then I can smell it when other people smoke it and it smells delicious

9. yeah, the popular kids finally stopped calling me a four eyed freak :cool:

10. I origionally bought my first bag (a 20 sack of schwag) with the idea that i was gonna roll up joints and sell em for 5 bucks a peice or so and sell them. It was the same time that my Dad's shoulder's started to get fucked up so he was working alot less and I wasn't getting any money so I had this scarface type dream that I was gonna make it big in the dopegame. The problem was I didn't really know anyone who smoked weed, I tried sellin it to the kids in my neighborhood but none of them wanted to buy it. So I just ended up smoking one of the joints out of curiosity to see what all the hype was (both from D.A.R.E. and from like rap songs talkin about how much they loved weed, bone thugs anyone?) and I fuckin loved it and smoked the rest of my joints the next weekend. It instantly made me want to try all of the other drugs to see if they were anywhere near as amazing as weed, and it caused my life to go straight to the gutter via addiction.

My only regret in life is that i got high, but at the same time it has taken me to some really great realizations/friends/experiences.

I'm the person I am today because of drug's really, but I'm not to happy with how that person turned out to be. I spent the weekend in the county jail (72 hours) and I have another charge that I won't have to deal with for about a year, but when it does come it comes with a minimum 90 days- maximum 5 years jail sentence. Who I am has changed since I received that charge, but I'm still gonna have to deal with the consequences regardless and let me tell you, the Allegheny County Jail is one shity place to be, i spent the first 44 hours in processing, which means you have your choice of uncomfortable chairs to sit in, or a steel bench/concrete floor to sleep/lay/sit on, and I was a broken man after the first night of not sleeping, my hips/ribs/shoulders are still sore from it, and the actual cell isn't that great either, although you get at least some padding, but no pillow which is a real motherfucker. I wonder if I could have my dad bring me a pillow or something when i have to do 3 months, cuz sleeping on my rolled up wool blanket they gave me wasn't the most comfortable thing.

Ok i'm going way off topic here, I'll stop.

But there ya go, that's how I started smoking, and that's where its led me, the "gateway drug" was a very real concept for me personally.

11. thanx Hendrix

BTW your user name the shit

12. My girlfriend broke up with me in grade 8. So I said 'fuck it' next time I was offered a toke a few days later.

13. to be normal

14. i had a feeling it would be tight and it was

15. Tried it in HS, Frosh year, smoked off and on, Columbian gold or crap, it didn't matter at the time. Smoked off and on til my first kid, got prego at 19. Didn't smoke for about 10 years, then the opportunity came up every other month or so. Didn't really start smoking daily until my seperation and ultimatedly my divorce, dayam, if we coulda smoked we'd prolly still be married. I been a regular, daily, every other day, at least 3 times a week for the past 5 or so years. Now my kids know and I'll never have to quit again, long live herb! Keeps me balanced, calm, no pms, no headaches, broke my arm when I got bucked off my quad, hated the Norcos, made me feel like a zombie, loved my herb!

16. im going to admit i was peer pressured but it was something that i thank the person for

i keep smoking because it keeps me entertained

17. because life sucks, and because life sucks

18. i started because before i did life just seemed too linear, the same thing every day, nothing changes, you wake up just to go do the same thing you did the day before. I felt like i needed something new in my life or i was gonna go insane, luckily change came in the form of a dutch master :smoking:

19. I started because I liked the buzz of alcohol and my closest friends had done it a few times and asked if I wanted to toke.

I keep smoking because the high is great and enjoy the mental shift.

20. But then again theres so many people who do nothing but smoke weed all day. They'll actually call smoking weed a "hobby" when they're really doin nothing at all other than getting high, I guess cuz when your high doing nothing seems interesting enough haha.