Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why did you decide to smoke?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Hyp, Sep 25, 2009.

1. I had been drinking heavily for a while and a friend I had met at a new college was a stoner. After drinking with him a good bit, I eventually told him I wanted to smoke and he got some weed and we smoked out of his pipe named Nothern Lights. Didn't get high, but I tried it again with him one night at a party a couple weeks later and got fucked up. Bought my first piece 2 weeks later, and been smoking since.

2. I never really liked alcohol or the effects and after a lot of research I decided weed was amazing. But I think I decided that marijuana was ok long before that, like my parents tell me that at 12 I told them I thought marijuana should be legal. Didn't smoke my first time til I was 16 though.

3. Well i used to think drugs were a bad thing, and was scared to try them. i remember the first time i smoked was at some band camp shit in like 8th grade. I just decided to actually try it for once, I loved the experiance and the feeling. I miss the days where smoking a couple hits off of a bowl or smoking a couple joints with friends got you high. I dont think I've been high in a long time. Maybe a break is necessary.

4. i was at school way back in 7th grade. there was this place beside the gym wehre everyone went to escape teacherrs and smoke/whatever. well my friend had a joint asked if i wanted some. we toked the joint. ppl say you dont get high your first time. lies lol. i went into first period. looked around. and i was fuckkked up. fun stuff :hello:. been hooked ever since.

5. It seemed like a good thing to do at the time lol my life has been better ever since

6. I had been going through a crazy philosophical stage in my life, lots of late nights walking around, thinking, climbing on rooftops, coffee and donuts, etc. So eventually I realized I had a limited amount of time on this earth as a human being, so I wanted to start experiencing everything I could. Two friends of mine smoked me up ALLLLLL DAAAAAYYY until i finally got hit like a ton of fucking bricks. Suddenly I didn't remember what was going on, and couldn't talk to anyone about anything coherently. So good, best high I've ever had.

7. My ex-boyfriend was a really bad influence (he did lots of hard drugs as well) and I smoked for the first time with him and his friend, but I didn't fall into it hard then, and didn't do it again for months. I didn't start smoking regularly until several years later, and I couldn't tell you exactly what made me decide to do it on my own, but I'm glad I did.

8. just went to my pothead cousin the year befpre i started highschool and was just like

"I want to smoke pot", just wanted to try

9. my one oldest friend did it, one night, me him and 3 other guys smoked 2 blunts, we told our parents were staying at one of our friends, and the friend we said, said they're staying at my house. we roamed the streets all night before going to a 24/7 donut shop. i kept rocking back and fourth screaming "THIS DOESN'T FEEL REAL GUYS"

10. dude i just read this so blazed, and like is it me or is that not the funniest post ever, like dude everything, its just so typical like dude u used to rebel and not listen to adults and shit, dude that is hardcore you used to not listen to adults. and ur so frickin cool man that freshmen year you hung out wit the cool kids in junior and senior year, you know why cuz like ur so goood at hockey man that your made varsity,fuck dude and since your so mich cooler than your friendss they decide to hang out with you, and thats how you smoked weeed.

11. My friends all told me it was much better for you than cigarettes and they told me it's a lot more fun. I tried it in a stone pipe the first time I got high, it was during a festival so it was a lot of fun, then I started buying my own bags and now I smoke everyday sometimes more than once a day. I've been smoking everyday for 4 months now, it's almost time for a t-break.

12. I totally agree. I wish I could get as high as I did my first few times smoking. It was amazing:hippie:

13. Back in high school i had class with this girl that would tell me her stories of getting high with her friends, keep in mind i was a good boy and never did any bad thing... but i was always amazed at her stories... well fast forword a year and a half i was just almost 19 and i had joined a band, well we all became best friends and would hang out at the mall and one night we were standing outside smokin a cig and my friend brought up his past experiences with smoking pot but i had known him for 5 months and never thought he smoked but hearing about his times with smoking made me wanna try it so i bought a quarter and didnt know shit about how to smoke it so my friend packed up a bowl and i thought i would get high but i didnt cause i didnt inhale right, well the next day i go hang out with some friends and she had half a blunt and i took 2 hits off that and was in my own little world then all of a sudden i get up and walk out, i didnt tell no one i was leaving, i was freaking out at that point cause i didnt know what to expect but for some odd reason i was posed to try it again and i loved it, ive been married to mary jane for 4 years and im loving every moment!!!!!:smoking:

14. Hahaha my first blaze, 14 years old. in the lunchbreak at school.
    Was all fun when we had chemestry, the teacher said amplitude and I laughed my ass of for 30 minutes straight.

15. i was 16 and a junior in high-school. i met a girl (my fiancee now lol) who we hung out daily. we did everything together ate lunch went to the movies, i even slept at her house a couple times.. we didn't do anything though well one day she told me she tried mj a year earlier and liked it. so we decided we were going to try it together.. one thing led to another im a happy member of a marijuana forum ^_^... AND WE SMOKE TOGETHER ALL THE TIME

try this play some good music, toke up with your girl one just cuddle. its fucking amazing better then sex. its like love times 10 lol

16. THat is exactly what i thought too haha.

i started smoking because i started noticing how corrupt the governement is. so i thought hey, weed cant be all that bad.

so i just said fuck it, called my homegirl, and we smoked a bowl of some Mr Nice out of her bong.

one of the best decisions ive made

17. I don't remember what was going through my head when I had my first toke, but I do know that I didn't think it was a big deal, so I just gave it a go. I was ready to try it. I continued to do it because it opened my mind. Aw :) what a good summer that was...funny thing, the fall after I started, I somehow managed 2 jobs (6 days a week total) and gettings As in school. I have been truly happy since I started smoking. Not because it got me high, but I learned that happiness is self controled; postivity. My motto was and still is just simply: balance. :)

18. Just out of curiousity, and wondering why how such a harmless plant caused so much shit, and why the government hated it so much.

19. Sorry for the long post, but I want to try to do my first time some justice.

In high school, I was a pretty "good" kid. I started to drink occasionally in my senior year, and the opportunity came up once to smoke weed, but I declined. I just didn't feel comfortable with it.

After high school, I spent a year in Germany as an exchange student. Two of the other exchange students smoked, and they talked about it sometimes. We became friends, and I gained trust in them, and their judgment about weed. One of the kids who lived in the same town in his own apartment was sort of the "weed king" of the town, and I spent some time there, seeing others partake, including my new friends, of course seeing what it was like to be high, and while I didn't smoke myself, I might've gotten a slight contact high.

We went off to different towns, to different host families and schools, but I saw my friends a few times during the year during meetings. Near the end of the year, I went on a trip with these friends to Prague. My friends decided they would like to smoke, and I decided it was time for me to do so as well. There were two guys on the street handing out fliers for a strip club. We decided they would be the ones to ask. Sure enough they supplied us with some weed.

It was evening, raining. We went to a park; we had a view of the giant castle that stands at the center of the city. One of the guys rolled a joint; we smoked it. We walked back to the hostel we stayed at, and I drank about 1.5 liters of peach iced tea. I was high, but not too high, compared to experiences since then, but I had experienced cannabis.

For me, smoking weed was a combination of trust in my new friends and the willingness to try new things. I feel privileged to have my first weed experience like I did.

20. you should feel privileged man, not too many people can say they've smoked in prague while looking at a castle :)