Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why did you decide to smoke?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Hyp, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Me and my neighbor became best friends around 5 yrs old, and we'd go exploring around his house and shit and eventually we found his parents' bong and stash (which, I must add, was an UNGODLY amount). They had so much at a time, we just decided to start taking some one day (years later) and bought our first piece off a friend. It was an awesome feeling, definitely. Ever since we've been hittin' off their stash, and they know about it now and don't care. We occasionally buy better strains when we want, but for the most part we haven't had to pay a dime, and they bring home some decent OG :)

2. it was the summer going into 9th grade, and i was friends with all the kids who smoked but i never was around them when they actually smoked but i always listened in when they talked about it. one day i called my friend and was like "Can you roll me two joints and ill pay you?"
    lol she laughed at me but she did it and i had them for like a few days before i called these two guys and asked if they wanted to toke. we went to this place in the woods and i just remember coughing my face off and being like wow this sucks. but then we got in the car and went to starbucks and as soon as we got a drink and sat down outside i just busted out laughing SO hard and i felt so good. now maryjane is my bff :smoke:

3. Well, the night I did it for the first time was very unexpected. I knew I was probably going to drink a little, but had no idea I was going to smoke weed. I was peer pressured into it the first time, didn't really feel anything, but it was fun just hanging out. I did it a couple more times after that because my best friend got into it, and had me do it with him. After a couple more times, I started to love it, and therefore, starting smoking frequently.

4. I don't really know my reason, I've been asked to go smoke so many times my whole life because i look like a stoner apparently but I always said nah I don't smoke man. Until one day my friend (who thought I smoked at the time) said "you wanna go smoke?" and I said sure like it happens everyday. No change in emotions or anything, like if we did this every day. I then precoded to his friends house and smoked out of a nice spoon called the wizard, and got pretty high, and I've been so ever since :)

5. I decided to smoke when i was in 9th grade because i live in a small town with nothing to do. pretty much every single person in my high school toked weed. So i just did it too and now i smoke all day and every day:smoking:

6. i knew my bro sold and smoked a little and so naturally i thought that was the bee's knees. and the fact that he wouldnt be the first person to let me try it only made me want it more. then after discussing it with some friends (7th grade) we resolved to find a dealer...and we did

7. holy crap. haha well my story goes i was always against "drug use" my hole life. i was always a bright kid and my bestfriends were very strict and by the book people(very christian) so they never did super exciting shitt. then later in my high school years that changed.

but my family has really been known for drinking and all the kids(my cousins) smoke bud and dont drink and the parents new the whole time and promised they were allowed to smoke if the rest of the littlier cousins dont get peer pressured or know what you were doing. so it was my JUNIOR YEAR and i was still fairly against it. and the cousins cracked down on me and they invited me to sessions and i wouldnt blaze then when they were just happy and no one bothered them and it didnt seem like this huge ordeal that i assumed it was and they were just waiting for me to cave then LATER i had my first puffs off a spoon of some pineapple kush clinic shit (yummmmy) and fuck now i havent looked back since.:wave:

and then i discovered blunts:eek:

8. I was doing a history project and spent countless nights on it, and then I thought to myself, whats on the other side of all this? whats the reward, I knew I was gonna get a A, but thats all. So I said, when this project is over Im gonna smoke! I did with my friend who was depressed so we both tried it together. 1 hit I cleared a nickels worth after my friend took a few. I got high that day, and he did, after the 5 session.

9. It was the summer going into 10th grade. I bunch of my friends did it so one night they were like come with us and we ended up smoking joints in a porta potty.

10. For me it was a group of old college buddies.

I had resisted for a long time trying it, buying into the hype of Cannabis as an evil gateway drug. Then one day I realized that a lot of my friends had been smoking for years and had never progressed to Crack, so the Gateway drug thing started sounding like a weak argument, lol.

At that time I was also a pretty solid alcoholic. One day at a party my friends finally convinced me to try it and that was my first puff, but I remained loyal to the booze. It wasn't until I had a close call which involved an ER and some seriously crashed blood sugar for me to drop the booze. I then realized that the few times I had smoked in the past I had never been ill, never been hungover, and certainly never came close to dying. So I decided than that Alcohol was the real dangerous drug and the lovely smoke was a harmless intoxicant.

In the few years since that realization i can say proudly that I am a Stoner.

I thank my good friends for showing me the light that day long ago in the upstairs bathroom at a party.

11. i started because it was the cool thing to do, and i wanted to be cool....

12. I started because my friends did it. It wasn't peer pressure, I was going through some tough times and decided that might help. Also, to be bad assed rofl.

The first time I did it, I totally freaked; but I found out it probably was treated. Ugh!

Second time was the best. I started more for medicinal purposes; nothing works better. Yay!

13. Hmm. I was sort of pressured I suppose. But not really in a bad way. My brother and his best friend were major potheads, and I used to watch them do it when I was like 9 and 10. When I was 11, I started asking them questions about it. So naturally when you have 2 teenaged guys and a sister curious about weed, I wasn't gonna leave the room if I wasn't baked.
    They sent me back to my room with a Jack Johnson cd and a smile on my face, and I've been all for it since.

14. Personally, I was sitting with my pals, in a room in our halls of residence; They had all smoked for years, I was 18, I had always been curious as to why people loved drugs and wanted to experience it. So my friend called another friend, and half an hour later. I knew :) We were listening to Foo Fighters 'Everlong' and its remained my Green tune ever since. I just remember it before and after and the difference was beautifully brilliant. Never looked back since...

15. i don't remember why i started but im sure it was partly to be cool. i was so nervous my first time smoking and it take me a couple of times to get really blazed

when I hit my friend's bong i was fucking flying- i thought it was too intense, but the next night i did the same thing and my life hasn't been the same since- though i ddin't start blazing daily thill couple years after

16. i smoke to relax and to go to sleep.

17. I decided to smoke just because of all the delimma behind marijuana, and I figured it was safe enough to try out for myself and see the truth. and man was I enlightened. My outlook on everything just changed. I became nicer, I started doing better in school, better with girls, eating more, lol. I had one little 9 inch glass bong. I saved up for it, for 2 weeks, before i bought my first sack. I was determined to be the most efficient smoker in the world. An 8th would last me a whole month. Mainly because I would only smoke in complete privacy or over a friends house. I used to get 8ths for $40-$50 for the top shelf gold cup dankness. I would still complain, man I miss those prices now.

18. Wanted to see what it was like.

Went to catholic school and shit, my group of high schoolers were all into God and everything. It's still me and 2 buddies from that group, and we smoked with each other the first time (still do), we did ecstasy with each other our first time, and now we're doing something else new next week. Except me and another kid aren't being told what it is. All I know is I need to bring $35. But they're like brothers to me, I know they wouldn't do me wrong.

19. haha as ridiculous as it sounds I think the movie Grandma's Boy made me want to start smoking weed.

20. I don't know, it just seemed like another thing you could do. I was 12 and all I really knew about weed (apart from what the school told me) was that a lot of my older relatives smoked it (not around me) and it made you giggle a lot. I think Scary Movie made it look quite fun lol, when they're getting high and rapping in the basement. But to be fair, most reasons I have for loving the ganja and wanting to continue smoking it came after I'd already tried it a few times and got a better understanding of it's effects.