Why did my grow fail

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Smokemfatty, Jul 6, 2009.

1. #1 Smokemfatty, Jul 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2009
    I consider failed compared to last grow. 3 Powerskunk clones, veged for 60 days then flowered for 60 days. Buds are small, not dense,and not stinky.
    My last harvest was white widow in feb & then was great. Im thinking its 1 of 2>either the area was too hot 90 degrees & no continuous ventilation(although I had no venting except when you open the trap door to go down everyday, and it didnt hurt last grow) with only 30%RH or my bulb needs replacing. I had 400 hps and 200 soft cfls for 3 plants.
    I know the hay smell will improve with curing and it gets me high but I want dank!!!
    Could it be genetics also. I wasnt familiar with the strain I was given
    Also is it true you get more pot from seeds then clones?I want my next grow to be better so I will start with a good feminized seed. I was bummed when all 3 afghan bushes turned male 60 days ago.
    Oh yeah, I got about 2 1/2oz but I cheated the last 2 weeks and clipped & nuked.

2. you said you flowered for 60 days... did you check the trichs to see if they were ready, or did you just pull them after 60 days thinking they should be ready?

you said they were powerskunk-probably sativa dominant and will take longer to be ready than your white widow (probably, some WW strains take a while to finish).

the best way to tell when they are ready is to check the trichs, when you start seeing amber trichs, they are pretty much ready-depending on your taste.

But the buds will really fill out the last few weeks of flowering, which is what leads me to believe you may have harvested too early. any pics of the girls before the chop?

3. I was thinking the same thing about them being sativa dom. I usually gave the sativa dom plants another 2 weeks sometimes more. were the plants stressed at all during the flowering cycle?

4. Ive been thinking that myself. You're probably right that I picked too soon. We have to move and the whole move was timed around these plants being done in 60 days. My daughter saw the pix on my camera before I uploaded em. After being so secret all the time. I had to delete asap. Oh well Trial & error ,learn from your mistakes and all those other cliches. I just hope the taste will improve. at least 2 oz will keep me buzzed for a while.

5. live and learn, at least you have something to smoke, most don't even make it that far, lol.

but the lesson here is that the best way to tell if they are ready is to check the trichs-with a pocket microscope or jeweler's loupe