Why arent my clones growing??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by peacehappy, Feb 17, 2013.

1. It's been 2 1/2 weeks And still no progress on my cuttings. I have actually taken them out to check their roots and none have grown, had one that took root but cat ate it. Any advice? I have a 6400k 100w about 4" above.

When I took the cuttings I cut them under water, then dipped straight into cloning solution, any fool proof way to get them going?

2. The problem is you keep checking them..

When you first put the dome on, it stays for three days, no checking.. RH is vital to keeping the clones from transpiring vital water stored in their systems..

They dont have roots, so if the RH goes down, say from you "checking" them, then they will wilt..

When cloning, quit paying attention to them, they root better, I promise..

80F
    80RH
    Roots in a week, no fail..

The light will come, you are seeing the result of extreme love and attention, which is death...

You need balance friend, Observe, do not intervene as much... Let the light guide you...

3. Thank you for quick reply. I water them with a spray bottle every day, so I will quit that, also I don't have a humidity dome so idk what to do

4. Plastic tupperware container from home depot..... Simple....

Make sure its translucent or clear.. All I use, I dont even go to the hydro store, they dont sell anything I need anymore, except coco.... I make everything else or buy it online... discreet shipping of course lol..

5. Alright I will give it a try

6. #6 "ridge"racer, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2013
    Edit:Wrong thead, Im helping like 5 dudes right now lol...

7. And put that cat on a leash lol

8. Also my clones after they rooted did not grow for about 3 weeks or more... They literally just started growing 4 days ago... I think the cloning/transplant and re establishing an entire root system is very stressful to a plant so they need a lot of recovery time before and after rooting... However I didn't follow all the rules when I did it and it was my first time cloning so I'm just happy 4 out of 5 rooted :) Best thing you can do is read up and research some more until a week goes by then check em...

9. The faster you root them, the faster they will take off, if they root in less than ideal circumstances, then they cannot infact "take off" they will be very slow to start..

How well can you run a marathon with an ankle that just heeled? you need to be in top shape before the race..

The light of truth prevails..

10. Don't stress bro, some strains can take up to a month to root under ideal conditions.

11. yeah, try rooting a pure sativa.. Its a bitch lol

12. So is pulling the stem out ( when it isn't rooted) and dipping it in cloning powder bad?

13. Prob not gonna hurt anything, but you dont want to desturb it if you can avoid it, plants will root without using anything, just takes a little longer..

14. Awesome, learned so much more than I would have if I googled this haha.

15. Follow the light...

Im working a massive tutorial thread to encompass various aspects of growing, feeding, environment, and propagation...

Stay tuned friend!

16. I will, have been doing great, 3rd week of flowering and about 9 full colas, banking on 2 oz. just trying to get the cloning process down. Most people say its a bitch.

17. Cloning becomes tedium, nothing more, growers who lose clones either dont care, or dont understand how propagation works...

simple shit...

Like riding a bike.. No different..

18. One last question, can I leave lights on 24 hrs fr clones?

19. Yes, but they metabolize and create roots during the resting period of dark as well, something to keep in mind...

Advice is too keep temps from reaching below 70 when lights off and clones dont have roots yet...

But to answer your question, yes, I did it like that up until a year ago with the 24hrs of light, they dont need any dark to live, but it serves its purpose, I promise..

20. Finally the two clones took root,also my seedling did!!! And I did the Tupperware over them, worked like a charm. Fed it a 1/16th of nutes to get it growing, hope all goes well.