Why are women obsessed with useless pillows?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by BongBreaker6, Jul 3, 2012.

1. So I'm moving, and my GF is absolutely obsessed with "accent pillows". Nothing to me is more annoying than sitting on a couch and having to throw 6 little useless pillows out of the way. Or when I make the bed and have to re-arrange 10 pillows every time. All I need is my personal pillow that I rest my head on.

So why do women think a bed covered in pillows looks good? What possible reason do you have for thinking that a ton of useless extra pillows has any decorative or functional value?

Sorry, just a little rant. I just don't get the pillow obsession of women.

2. Their subconscious desire to feel surrounded and protected.

And they're just weird.

3. Women are strange. There's your answer.

4. Because accent pillows provide a small, portable way to smother you if she finds out you're cheating on her.

5. [quote name='"TheDankDude"']Because accent pillows provide a small, portable way to smother you if she finds out you're cheating on her.[/quote]

This is the real answer

6. Because they have nothing better to do.

7. Women already have a pair of dirty pillows on their chests, so the accent pillows fill up the rest of their egos.

8. [quote name='"Bluntzilla420"']Women already have a pair of dirty pillows on their chests, so the accent pillows fill up the rest of their egos.[/quote]

Lol dirty pillows

9. ok so I used to think that to right
    an then one day I slept in my cousins bed
    she usually has about 5-8 pillows on it
    dude omfg its like ur bodys enveloped
    in like fukn CLOUDS!! now I've started
    my weird womanly pillow obsession..
    I have 5pillows an counting on my bed =|

10. she subconsciously thinks of the pillows as bodies which basically means that she wants to be gang-banged in her bed. Mystery solved.

11. Because they look cute & are comfy.
    :)

12. That's what I don't get...they are neither "cute" nor are they comfy. They just look like clutter.

But I have to say, Dank Barbie...that's a great name. You combine my favorite thing to consume with my favorite thing to look at (nothing hotter than a Barbie girl!). Good for you!

I'm surprised at all the responses, thanks guys for making me feel like I wasn't just talking to myself!

13. Because they are for decoration, just like knick knacks and pictures on the walls, they look nice

14. Have you ever jumped onto a bed full of fluffy, nice pillows? AY-MAY-ZANG!

15. Fuck accent pillows.

Gimme one of those memory foam ones and I'm set.

seriously.. who the fuck thought tiny pillows with beads and hard thread designs on them or other shit that isn't comfortable would be a good idea?

16. Comfy .. Are you kidding me? You try passing out on a bed full of retarded little pillows.. Then waking up in the morning and not being able to turn a certain way because you fell asleep with a stupid little pillow under you back.. Comfy.. My ass. :mad:

17. I have no idea where this obsession comes from. I still don't know what the hell a throw pillow is either. But apparently they are essential to furnishing your home.

18. Wait.....?

you have a girlfriend that wastes money on stupid bullshit too???

19. Retarded little pillows =/= big fluffy pillows

20. :laughing:

This thread had me rofl.

Ha.

I'm not big on accent pillows...the two that came with
    my couch when I got it were enough. However I do like
    pillows on my bed. I sleep with 3...when my bed is put
    together...there's like 8 pillows including the body pillow
    at the foot of the bed.

The body pillow is really for me protection from kicking my
    rod iron bed. I sleep with 3. 2 of them came with the bed
    package...and the other 2 pillows gifted to me I guess for
    ...my bed. Those 4 are the makeshift stairs for my dog.

Now....on my disc chair, I have about 5-6 pillows. HA.
    They were all gifts, I never used, nor needed.

Fuck...pillows...fucking pillows. I guess I'm indirectly obsessed.
    Bitches love pillows.

:laughing: