Why are women obsessed with marriage & love?

Discussion in 'General' started by Spoogett, Feb 24, 2012.

1. #1 Spoogett, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2012
    I'm always hearing them talk about it, like they're going to find some perfect guy and live a perfect life. What kind of teenage fairytale bullshit world are they living in? People who fall in 'love' usually get married, and then divorced..or end up spending the rest of there lives completely miserable with one another Anyone else think marriage is complete bullshit based on religious propaganda? I don't see the need to have a relationship 'certified' by the government. Don't get me wrong, sometimes relationships can last til death, but its rare......

...and now the annoying status's from facebook that inspired this post.

"True love is reached when you have found someone who knows all of your flaws, mistakes, and weaknesses, but still thinks you're perfect."

‎"I feel you in my heart,
    And I don't even know you
    Now we're saying
    Bye, bye, bye"

"Every long lost dream led me to where you are, Others who broke my heart .... they were like Northern stars .. Pointing me on my way into your loving arms, This much I know is true .. That God blessed the broken road .. That led me straight to you "

2. /thread.

3. I don't think love is a religious propaganda, I do think everyone has someone for them, and for the government part don't u get tax breaks and what not? Yes the fbook status are annoying but oh well deal with it. Good question on why women want to get married so fast and young, when all the guys just want some poon and not think of relationships

4. I didn't mean love is religious propaganda, I said marriage is. I think it's bullshit that most people feel the need to get married. A meaningless document from the government stating that two people are in a relationship..and usually, marriage doesn't work, then the couple has to spend a ton of money and go thru a ton of legal bullshit just to get out of it.

5. Fuk yea I hate how they fuking say I love u 24 fuking 7 Omg I got it the first 1,000,000,00 million times. Fuking need to chill and just relax and take day by day and smoke MOREE than guys IMO

6. #7 BuRnTrEeS247, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2012
    Also marriage go back ages. Not just government wise. I believe in marraige not really needing a paper tho..but to worship and love, live by that other person thick and thin.. not matter what. That's what marriage is about.. but I do hate what AMERICAN WOMEN MESSED UP THE WORD MARRIAGE

7. lmao all those fb statuses made me laughh. i hate all that corny shit women say, its just not truee lol and probably not gna happen. ohwell let em hopee it might just happen :D

8. Society

/thread

9. they're obsessed with my dick

10. society tells us to find love and that when we find love the logical thing to do is get married. i think the main mistake young girls make when they get married is that they think once they are married, they are set for life. When you're in love you cant imagine ever wanting a divorce, but obviously neither did all the people that are now divorced.

ive been "engaged" for 2 years. We are going to get married eventually but it's no rush to us, we just want it for the wedding presents :) lol but seriously... it's cuz teenage girls are hormonal and their hormones tell them to settle down and have babies. That and their brain isnt fully formed until their 20's.

11. Chrismittty: "Baby why are women obsessed with marriage and love?"
    Girlfran: "I dont think they are, I mean no more than men, if anything its a happpy concept."

I agree with the Disney commment.Shits brainwashing... Its makes me think of the story below...
    Fuckin A my lil sister is always playing house with my lil bro and playin married and shit....It'd be super offf if they werent 4 and 5 or so....Stilll a lil off if You ask me:confused:

12. Biologically girls are more picky about that stuff because unlike men, women have a limited amount of sex cells (eggs) so they have a natural instinct to find the perfect one. At least that's what my professor told me.

13. biological makeup

14. generalization statements used frequently in this thread.
    just because a large amount of girls obsess over love and marriage doesn't mean we all do. american women didn't "ruin" marriage, a lot of things ruined marriage but don't put blame on one party. society ruined marriage. just because the rate of divorce is increasing, there are still lots of happy couples. love isn't a fairy tale, it's learning to live with somebody else who compliments you.

tl;dr
    not all girls are obsessed with the fantasy.

but women do tend to act like that a lot... you sound unfamiliar with the species.

15. ehhh i can kinda see where you're coming from, but i would put any amount of $$ on the fact that most marriages fail due to the females, however the males weren't that smart to get married in t he first place so thats not sayin too much for us.

16. Dude I'm a girl and I don't give a single fuck about relationships. Every girl is busy swooning over some fucking guy. Their either "in love" or their all like #omgforeveralone on twitter. Like shut the fuck up dude, your in highschool. Forever alone? Come on your like fucking 12 lol. Everyone acts like relationships are the most important thing in life, but I really really disagree. I would rather just chill and smoke for now, fuck that bullshit. :smoke:

17. notice the title of my thread is 'why are women obsessed with marriage and love' and not why are ALL women obsessed with marriage and love. you're from raleigh huh? hit me up ;)

18. the op is basically like asking "why are men obsessed with constant sex and hot women".

for one, it doesn't apply to everyone, and two, that's just the way people are.

19. Why do some men have such a pessimistic outlook on love?

The problem these days is that people get married to someone that they barely know and then they don't like the person once they get to know them. Marriage isn't the problem,people rushing into it is the problem.

If you are with someone you love (past the infatuation stage) then marriage could be a great thing. A life long commitment to love and be there for another person isn't something to be taken lightly,unfortunately that seems to be the trend.