Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why are there people who are trying to boycott weedmaps.com?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by BigBrainSTONER, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Why are there people who are trying to boycott weedmaps.com?

2. seriously? Weedmaps is my friend damnit! :eek:

3. #3 Hakari12, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2011
    They dont want their information so widely distributed and easily accessed.

4. Wouldn't that defeat the point of helping the actual medical marijuana patients?

5. i'm confused here. the dispensaries don't want their information easily accessed? how does that help?

6. haha i dont know, im just throwing an idea out there. I think what actually happened was that people were boycotting the site because they would advertise bad medical dispensaries.

7. This is from a year and 1/2 ago, so not real recent:

BOYCOTT WEEDMAPS.org and their advertisers (Page 1) - ASA Action Network - ASA Forum

8. Because, at least a few years ago, the more attention you attracted to yourself, the more likely you were to have your door kicked down by a DEA Thug squad.

9. Lol I remember this happening. Hartfield did say that the medical marijuana system was messed up. And that's all he meant. People took it the wrong way and started flipping out about weedmaps. Weedmaps is perfectly fine.

10. I've heard they've given out free weed to people for posting positive reviews? Sounds like a flawed system if so.

11. [​IMG]
    Oh wait..
    that's not it..

uhm, maybe they like doing things the hard way?

12. i checked it its over $250 a month for the basic package all the way up to 1000 a month. i can see why those are outrageous prices

13. That would be a dispensary doing that, not weedmaps.com.

14. They can still catch flak for being o-k with that behavior.

Their competitor weedtracker is very obviously against this behavior, and will revoke the membership of the dispensaries doing so.
    They have a whole multiple user detector to catch people making fake accounts to buff reviews.

15. Weed maps is so legit. I wrote a 900 word review on a collective that gave me some less that tolerable hogs breath. I gave them props on a lot of things, except for the 1/2 8th of hogs. End result is that next time I went in they gave me another 1/2 8th of blue cheese for free, and asked me to write an update. LEGIT!

16. Free weed for a favorable review is legit?

Ok then.

17. and with bad reviews, their dispensary probably loses some business... because that's what they're still running. weedmaps service comes from their non-required listings, that is if they know about your club. most co-ops jump on the bandwagon and many couldnt exist without.

18. so weedtracker is behind the boycott campaing of weedmaps.

if we´re going to win the war against prohibition we have to start working together not against each other.

19. How did you come to that conclusion?