Why are the stems on my Critical Mass Plant turning red?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Grumpy1775, Feb 19, 2019.

?

Why are the stems on my Critical Mass plant turning RED????

1. Please Reply

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I am lost

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I trimmed the off the large fan leaves a few days before i started flowering. Then this started. The top leaves look tired and the are turning light green. I started with coco. I am using clay pellets now. Please Help!!!!

Attached Files:

2. What is your PH? I've seen PH issues cause this. It could also be an iron/zinc deficiency or possibly sulfur. For sulfur you can try adding some Epsom salts to your solution.

First though, make sure your PH is on balance. Hydro requires between 5.5 and 6.5

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

3. Yes, i keep the ph between 5.5 and 6.5

4. Do you use plain ol tap water? What is your waters starting ppm?

5. yes, i use plain tapwater. However, i balance the ph to 5.5 -6.5 everytime.

6. Since your yellowing appears to start in the middle of the leaf and moves out toward the tips, I'm leaning on an Iron deficiency. I've used this for iron issues.

Just be sure not to overdose, as I think that's what I did. Too much iron will cause problems too.

7. Guess the link didn't work. Search Amazon for Liquinox 3032 Iron Zinc Chelated Solution

8. TBH its probably 9 times out of ten genetics this has happend to me too many times i care to remember i wouldnt worry so much i see no problems to be concerned about just yet good luck.