Why are the leaves coming out crinkled?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by omega4040, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Please have a look at these pictures and see if you can identify what my problem is. Basically, the plant is about 6 weeks old and has just started putting out leaves that a a bit crinkled. I have some other plants that are in the same soil/nutrient mix and are absolutely fine.

I've looked at all the deficiency charts, but can't see anything even close.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/omega4040/100_2202.jpg
    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/omega4040/100_2199.jpg

Thanks for any help

2. How often do you water? or how wet is your soil whenever you check it?

I've got exactly the same problem, I'm almost positive its over watering. I know your supposed to water only when the soil an inch down is dry but I've been watering everyday. Seemed to work untill my leaves turned like that.

Maybe try to throttle it down on the water it might do the trick.

Dan

3. pH swings or inbalanced nutes?

4. you need to do a soil PH runoff test , you have other defeciencies aswell as your concerns

To rule out PH related issues complete a soil runoff PH test.......
    with PH corrected water (6.5-6.8PH ) pour enough water in the pots so the water runs out the bottom of the pot ...test the PH of this water....
    If the PH reading is out of optimum range 6.5-6.8 PH, you need to flush your plant.
    Flush with PH corrected water, till in optimum PH range, 3 times the volume of the pots rule of thumb but may require more
    EG: 1 gal pot = 3 gal. flush

1. Soil or soilless & brand name of soil , hydro?
    2. PH of medium?
    3. PH run off?
    4. PH of water?
    5. Age of plants?
    6. What Fertilizer, dosages, and frequency?
    7. lites, wattage & proximity to plants
    8. Light cycle. 24/0,, 18/6,, 12/12?
    9. In light cycle how long?
    10. Room temps

5. yo i got the same problem just not as bad as you im pretty sure its from over watering cause i water alot

6. Thanks guys, as i say i have other plants in exactly the same conditions. So it's weird this one is ill.

I'll ease up on the watering and check the pH and report back if this helps. All new growth on this plant it kind of mottled with lights green splodges now too (will get a pic up when i can be bothered!).

7. what strain are you growing? it's possible you have some inferior gens.