why are some people like this?(long read)

Discussion in 'General' started by PhiD, Feb 3, 2009.

1. this sounds like a worse case scenario for someone that may be truly abusing weed, but definitely not your average joe stoner. why are some people so crazy like this?? :confused: guilt trips are horrible :mad: but what can ya do..

"weed is for people that arnt content with the present situations in their life.They feel that they need to get that "high" feeling to escape their problems because they are too much of a pussy to deal with them. But we've got news for you...
    Your problems are still going to be there when you get back.

so go ahead and smoke your life away until you get so high and fucked up to the point where you COMPLETELY loose sight of who you were before you got sucked into "whats cool" today.

We are both tired of hearing people say "lets blaze"
    your not a fire log.

All of you people that smoke weed are most likely breaking promises to people that you love. we think thats really pathetic and we are going to say so. I know a lot of you are going to think we are stupid but there you go...you experience the mad emotion part because your sticking up for something that most likely hurts someone else.

let me tell you one thing...your plain stupid if you smoke behind someones back, choose it over someone you love, lie about, and even worse if your influencing someone else to do it.

Dont give us this bullshit that its " YOUR LIFE" because you know what? By you smoking weed, your also affecting OTHERS LIVES.

quit being so selfish.

I think you should look back on who you were before you started smoking, think of how innocent you were before you decided to "blaze"

I've lost a lot of respect for people that I used to completely look up to. Some people were christians and WAY too good for "blazing" and some were just good people that were in the right direction.

So much for that.

Anyways C and I felt that we needed to say that if your smoking weed or doing ANY kind of drug, your falling into what everyone else is...is it really cool to be like every other person.

You should seriously think about WHY your even doing drugs to begin with.

drugs are never going to solve your problems...they just put them off...
    problems that are put off, only get worse.

If your using drugs to be happy or to "have fun", then how would you know what kind of fun your having...your not even all there to experience it.
    Do you even remember what you did????

My mom found out that i used to smoke and you know what...she was completely disappointed in me...i decided to continue anyways but you know what???
    After I quit, I realized that once you disappoint someone who thinks so highly of you, that sticks with you.

How many people are you disappointing?
    How many people are you forgetting about?
    Just so you can have "fun" or "live your life"?

you should seriously think about what your supporting.

You should also think about who is in your life because of it, and who isn't because of it."

2. Are you the one that is saying this or is that the speech that your mom gave you?

Everyone has a different idea of fun so I don't get how someone can preach to another that they are only "running from their problems". I don't understand what doing drugs has to do with "being cool" either unless you are still in high school. I use different substances to explore different parts of my mind that I wouldn't be able to do if I were completely sober. I haven't lost anyone in my life due to my choice to use drugs either. In fact, using drugs has probably brought me closer to a lot of people in my life and help break down barriers. People that think like this and choose to disregard someone just because they choose to put certain chemicals into there body really disgust me.

3. Why do people take advil? To make themselves feel better
    Why do people drink/smoke? Because they feel better in doing so, if only momentarily
    Why do people on HIV take viral suppressants? To relieve some of the symptoms and......
    FEEL BETTER

Screw that person, he is a hypocrite, i can almost guarantee you he has taken medicine at one point or another in his life...

4. no im not saying this, nor my mom. ha
    its from a close friends girlfriend. "C" is the close friend who i guess now believes what his gf states.
    but yeah i agree with ya man. there is a lot in this that is just plain out annoying.
    weed helped me notice how many small things in life are worth living for and seeing. but to people like this i must just be a junkie.

5. Weed should be used to bring joy and happiness to one's life. That's what it does.

It shouldn't be a crutch or an escape from problems, although sometimes it seems as if it can be.

It is an honor to smoke and one should smoke once one has completed other tasks for the day and can sit down and relax. If you're smoking all day every day that may not be that good (but hey if it works and you're doing alright, well I guess I can't argue).

It's all about freedom and love and accepting people for who they are regardless of their faults.

6. Shes assuming you use weed to escape from your problems
    The common American misconception

So what did you respond with?

7. In my experience, people who get uppity about drug use are always concealing a crippling vice of their own.

8. i totally agree with you. i currently only smoke at night(majority of the time) because thats when i feel that i can truly relax and let loose. i just currently finished high school early, but missed my chance to start college by a week. this bummed me out because i really wanted to start getting my general ed out of the way, but now im on a 3 month break. i would rather be in school than be on a break right now. ha.

i am more content, motivated, and ambitious than i ever have been, but since i indulge in weed it brings that status of me down to those type of people....its just annoying and bs . its like they only see it as bad and it covers up all the good.

sorry im sure you guys have probably heard this all before. i guess i just needed to vent. ha

one thing that comes from this tho is that it gives me more motivation to excel in life because i know thats not what's going on. :)

9. #9 Ak4, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2009
    Haha that chick and your friend sound like some bitches.

I don't mean any offense or anything, I just can't stand people who rant like that about weed like they are some self righteous protector of other people, when in fact they are usually completely wrong or brainwashed.

10. If anybody ever gave me a speech like that I would bust out laughing RIGHT in their face, call them a fucking moron, tell them that don't have the SLIGHTEST clue what they are talking about, tell them to fuck off, and walk away.

11. i didn't. i have argued with her before about weed but she always throws in stereotypical crap and guilt trips so it goes nowhere fast. so i think it would just be a waste of time to go through that again.
    i may end up talking to my friend "C" about it tho. he's very much more important to me than her.

12. you pretty much got her right on the dot my friend! ha she went on this path of righteousness awhile back and my friend, who's one fault is that he can sometimes be taken advantaged of by people, got an ultimatum from her to either quit smoking or lose her. and this is what has come of her, and him i guess. i don't want to believe it because he use to be different but that's all changed.

13. #13 mehzmerize, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2009
    "weed is for people that arnt content with the present situations in their life.They feel that they need to get that "high" feeling to escape their problems because they are too much of a pussy to deal with them. But we've got news for you...
    Your problems are still going to be there when you get back."

Can't it just be for fun?

"Dont give us this bullshit that its " YOUR LIFE" because you know what? By you smoking weed, your also affecting OTHERS LIVES.
    quit being so selfish."

how? like that commercial that says people who smoke weed leave little burn marks on little kids who were never there

"
    Anyways C and I felt that we needed to say that if your smoking weed or doing ANY kind of drug, your falling into what everyone else is...is it really cool to be like every other person."

So stopping something you like to mind someone else's standards is better than "being like every other person"

whoever said this to you is STUPID

14. thats probably the perfect answer

15. yes, yes indeed.
    this is actually one of her better rants, believe it or not.(not saying this is any good) the other ones were incredibly horrible.

16. i just remembered a great video that would work great as a response to her. but im not going to do it. i don't need to be pissing anyone off tonight, even though she deserves this.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrcA"]YouTube - Billy Madison - Everyone is now dumber[/ame]

17. uggggh i want to kick the shit out of whatever talking vagina wrote this
    not the guy who posted it haha his girlfriends friend or whatever he said

18. What did I do to piss you off so much?

19. hey its people like your friend that keep the snack food industry in business:metal:

20. what? im not mad at you for anything. that wasn't intended for you.