Why are Shrooms more accepted than Acid?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Snap, Sep 12, 2009.

1. YES! finally somebody agrees with me... EVERYTHING IS NATURAL! I repeat... EVERYTHING IS NATURAL...

every chemical comes from nature. Man made chemicals are made from substances that come from nature.

Just so you know, one of the most dangerous and powerful psychedelics is datura (jimson weed) and that grows naturally.

2. I think the reason that acid is so unaccpetable in comparison to mushroom is that on mushrooms, you can predict (Within reason) what's going to happen for the duration of your trip, where as acid, you can't really, atleast not with the higher dosages.

With this said though. i've done 14 grams of some amazing mushrooms before and 6 hits of acid and would take the acid over the shrooms ANY day. Just have to be mentally prepared to deal with a 10-16 hour trip.

3. "Someday you will die somehow and some one will just steal your Carbon." -Isaac Brock.

:p

4. like everyone else said, its because it doesnt grow out of the earth but rather some guy created it. i was always uneasy about acid until i read on erowid about the guy who created it. now i cant wait to find some, ive tripped shrooms once and had a blast really. ive heard acid is just as good if not better, and even a little bit easier to control, so i cant really see why it gets a bad wrap outside of that

5. im scared to try acid and less scared to try shrooms but still scared...i dont know why i just think all of it would be too intense for me, i know you cant die from it i just dotn want to be seeing shit thats not there

6. You don't have to worry about that unless you take a really high dose. What you described are called true hallucinations, which don't happen unless you take a LOT. The kinds of hallucinations you'll most likely get are just distortions of what you see. For example, the "breathing" effect, where things you look at look like they're pulsing in and out.

7. i thought dmt was the strongest.

man ive only done some bunk acid. if i could only get some bomb. i think i would fall in love cuz i freakin love shrooms.

8. Ya but DMT is man-made, you have to use a chemical reaction to extract it from plants. Then again you can consider the method of extracting it from a Bufo Alvarius(toad) as natural.

You can't really say a psychedelic that lasts 15 minutes at most is stronger than a delirium that lasts hours on end. You are comparing apples and oranges.

9. Deliriants are different than psychadelics.

10. Shrooms and LSD, great for headaches, who could be against them?!

:hippie:

11. LSD is pretty much just as natural as shrooms.
    the precursor is a chemical that's found in a fungus.
    i think shrooms deserve a worse rep(compared to LSD)
    once i tried it for my first time, i knew why it was so big back in the day, it really is on a different level than shrooms (altho i love the feeling of being in nature on shrooms, that's pretty hard to beat)
    when i come to the 303 in december, we can trip fucking nuts on some cid then man, aight? :D