Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

why are people so reluctant to take a t break?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by pawlywog, Dec 29, 2009.

1. i've taken many t breaks when my tolerance gets to the point where i'm not getting high like i want to. its not that hard to just STOP for a few days/weeks. i was smoking with some friends of mine yesterday, just some mids in a blunt but i took a 3 week t break a couple of weeks ago and my tolerance is still down from that and they all complained about not getting high anymore and when i suggested not smoking for a little bit they all looked SHOCKED! i was like uhh.. you're not getting high, you're wasting money why not save up some money while you aren't smoking and then buy some dank when after your break? they all said it would be way to hard haha i think that's ridiculous.

when did it become necessary to smoke daily? why smoke if you aren't getting high?

anyone else have friends like that? anyone enjoy a nice t break every now and then? i sure do, nothing better then getting GASSED for the first time after a t break :smoke:

2. I just got off a week t break and while the end result is amazing, I can see why some people don't like doing it. Especially if you have a high stress job (I cook at a restaurant), it can be really frustrating those first couple of days especially if you were smoking daily before the break. I know it's not all that bad but some people just don't want to do it.

I have to say I ended the break right, though. Me, the guy I got the herbage from, and our buddy smoked two fat bowls of white widow crossed with skunk #1 out of his American flag label straight tube RooR with a three-arm ash catcher and then we smoked a two gram blunt after that.

3. high stress jobs are an understandable reason for wanting to smoke but none of my friends have those :p they just don't want to not smoke.. i don't think people should define their life around a plant, however wonderful it may be but maybe thats just me.

i love keeping my tolerance down and i love getting some DANK after a t break. it makes the break so worth it because you get super blazed.

4. Smoking every day is more fun.

Weed is one of the few drugs i can partake of daily and not put myself at real risk, so i take advantage of it. I just wish opiates were the same way...

5. Its something that many people should do, but dont because of how hard it is. It really isnt that hard though, after the first few days.

Your post inspired me to take a t break. I've been thinking about it for a while, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I make too many excuses.

6. devote every dollar you would normally spend on bud daily to a bank and a day before you end your break find the dankest shit you can find and smoke yourself silly :smoke:

7. i'll smoke daily too but i don't see the point in smoking every day for months and months to the point where you don't get high and if you do its only for minutes you know?

daily opiate use can be a serious problem unfortunately :mad:

8. Up your dosage. I used to get super baked off one bowl, but now i usually go for 2 or even 3. That's just part of it imo.

I dont mind spending a few bucks to relax and have a good time every day. I have nothing better to do/spend my money on.... :smoke:

9. Stress and illness keeps me from ever wanting to take breaks. pot is the only thing that makes my stomach pain disappear [literally disappear after a couple bowls].
    But when I do take breaks I always love it after a few days, but those first couple days are hard.

10. I totally agree that T-breaks are worth it. Even short 1 day breaks can lower your tolerance (but it only lasts a day). I think people just over do it. You don't need to be on the floor high every single time. It's nice to be just a little high during the day and floored for a few hours at night. That's how I do it. I smoke the bare minimum. Wait a full 2 hours (why get high if you're already comfortably high). Then smoke the bare minimum again. On Friday and Saturday I let myself go all out because during the week my tolerance is lowering. Then, when I do eventually need a T-Break, it's only about 2 weeks long and it feels like I've never smoked before.

That's the other thing about T-breaks. Don't blow all your effort in one night... jeez

But to the OP: it's all about self control. You have it, they don't.

And to the person above me: I don't like T-breaks because I am going through a kidney infection on top of a kidney stone on top of a hiatal hernia... so I've got insane nausea and smoking is the only way I can get myself to eat properly. That's when I've really started to learn to limit myself so that it will always work as medicine when I need it. And it's just amazing the difference before I smoke and after. Nothing my doctor has given me while I wait for surgery has even come close.

11. T-Breaks are great.

12. I TBreak all the time. Look at my name.
    :hello:

13. I took a t-break awhile ago but I can see why some people don't want to do it. I've smoked everyday 1-3 bowls through the bong a day give or take. I also have a really bad back that hurts and I work a 11pm-7am overnight shift stocking shelves where the only boss all night is real cool except the managers who come in the morning all shout about internal politics.

So I smoke when I'm out of work to relax and get some sleep and I just smoked a couple bowls now and am chillin out before work and just ganna get shit done there. I don't smoke as often just before work compared to right after or so though.

So'll take a T-break again sometime but for now I'm going on everyday for a month or two now maybe.

=)

14. #14 420stonedpanda, Dec 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2009
    yeah, even though a T break every once in a while is deffinately a good think both for the bank and you tolerance, just having a smoke every night after a long day just relaxes me and lifts my mood.
    oh and darkstone, just read your post, hope you OP goes well man

15. I started smoking in May or so of this year, everyday since maybe August until now.. I've been meaning to take a break but am reluctant so I felt it appropriate for me to post in this thread.

I can not smoke on any day with no problems, if I'm doing stuff or I just don't get the chance to I don't notice it sometimes and I don't crave it or anything. But that being said I haven't taken a break because I just see no reason to... it's so easy to do every day. I wake up fresh, no hangover and with a clear head and function perfectly. If I am just hanging out and relaxing then I'll do it to enjoy myself more. Yeah, I can skip it, but is it worth it?

I have been increasing my use though, while I still get quite stoned off a decent sized joint, so yeah I do want to take a break and just to clear my head for a week or 2 after the new year partying.

16. i'm glad i'm not the only one who feels that way about t breaks. necessary evil :p

i've taken breaks from breaks before too if the situation calls for it i know what its like to NEED that bowl haha

17. I don't know, things get kind of boring without weed.

I also tend to get really worked up over the course of a day over little fucking shit. Nothin' like sitting down at the end of the day and taking that first pull. Such a cleansing feeling.

18. i don't disagree with you at all but if you are at the point of not getting high anymore, why smoke is all i'm saying :cool:

19. Agreed

20. I will usually go on 3 to 4 day binges, just smoking like crazy. But on the 5th day, I notice I don't really get high anymore... no matter how much I smoke.
    So it's definitely a waste of cash and bud - for me - to be smoking all day every day like that.
    A week-long t-break pretty much puts back on track, though.
    I can see how some people smoke every day; withdrawal can make some irritated by the dumbest shit, so smoking is just a way to bring you back to a normal level I guess...like, that good high isn't really important, just to settle the nerves.