Why are one-hitters more powerful than spoons?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Planet Matador, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Would anyone else agree that a glass one hitter would be more powerful than a glass spoon using the same amount?

Is it as simple as: compressed load + more draw resistance = more concentrated smoke.

2. I was gonna say that, more concentrated smoke, east for lungs to grab.

I hate large volume smoke pieces, smoke is so transparent and so much of it.

Why I like skinny pipes or bongs.

3. It all depends on how much you pack into the bowl, how tight you pack it.. There are too many variables to determine which is more powerful. I guess if you used the exact same amount of bud, they would come out pretty even.

4. I've never thought they were more powerful.

5. first time i hear a smoker say they dont like a lot of smoke.

6. [quote name='"sourApple408"']

first time i hear a smoker say they dont like a lot of smoke.[/quote]

I like alot of smoke just not massive rips that induce coughing fits

7. Those are the best i.m.o.

Big old 0.3g load in a 2 foot bong......win.

8. try it one day you will get high as fuck from 1 hit instead of 3-4

9. with one hitters my guess would be that less smoke is escaping since you finish it in one hit instead of spoons where smoke escapes from the cherry if you dont cap the bowl after you hit it.

10. No...

11. Well I have used metal one hitters . . Ed's TnT Brass / Wooden one hitters are amazing. One hit in one of those guys is really powerful.

Pretty sure there is no science to it, but I think bowls are harsh as fuck while one hitters are great.

12. I prefer taking 2 or 3 small hits than just one massive hit that causes me to cough.

13. that hard coughing helps open up your lungs and loosen mucus.. it's good for you

14. I'm kind of with him on this one.
    I think it's just a preference of how you're feeling.
    Like, when I'm with people and I'm feeling good, I'll milk the fuck out of it.
    But, if I'm by myself and I just wanna chill or something, I'll take normal rips.

15. i personally dont think there is much of a difference in how "powerful" they are. its a bit of a different way of smoking, but they both smoke like typical dry pieces, in my opinion.
    i always prefer a spoon and cant even remember the last time i used a one hitter.

16. The only thing One hitters have over anything else is that they are the only thing used in Marijuana judging tables, when there are competitions for the best strain.

They use a clean one hitter pipe for ever entry in the competition.

Personally I hate one hitters. So Im going to say your wrong about them being powerful.