Why are my seedlings leaning?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by VigorousVagVomit, Apr 3, 2017.

1. IMG_2365.JPG IMG_2364.JPG IMG_2357.JPG IMG_2357.JPG I have 5 autoflower seedlings growing in my grow tent. They're about a week old and grew straight until recently. Two days ago, I noticed a slight lean on some of them so I brought the light closer (from 3ft to 2ft). I didn't think it was necessary because I have a 600w bulb, even though it's HPS. Yesterday when I came home from work, two completely fell! After panicking, posting a sloppy thread on here, and searching online I came up with a few things to help. I proped them up with bended paper clips, added dirt to the sides, brought the light even close to 1 foot, bought an 8 inch oscillating fan online, and ordered a 600w metal halide bulb. Unfortunately, the fan and bulb won't arrive until tomorrow so I'm just focusing on what I can do now. This is my first grow but a 600w bulb with a reflector and reflective material on the walls of my tent seems like it should be enough... I understand that HPS and MH have different light spectrums but I didn't know it'd make that much of a difference! As I said earlier, I posted a thread on here yesterday but I was in panic mode so I wasn't very clear. I was able to prop them up and thought they'd start to heal back up but NOPE! They're still leaning and one that wasn't leaning yesterday, realized that it too had a soil fetish and began it's 90° journey to the floor. If I bring the light any closer it'll probably start to burn my plants. I thought it could have been from overwatering (first few days I found out I overwatered) but I didn't water for 2 days and the soil was dry enough when I watered again (watered this morning). At this point I don't know what to do. I don't want to wake up to dead plants but I can't find out whats causing them to lean so severely. Does anyone have any possible solution/suggestios? Thank you so much for your time!

Attached Files:

2. Hi again :)

All they need is a CFL placed about 2" from the top of each. I'm sure you got some laying around right?

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 Pistils, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    Double post. Sorry.

4. Hi again! I don't have any laying around but I'm more than willing to make a trip to the store! What would you recommend I use to power the bulbs though? I have a lot of space in my tent but I don't want like 5 lamps in there...

5. Intense light is bad for tiny plants, also could be because they're in huge pots, could be a drainage problem, if you have a light colored sheet somewhere you could prop it up between the light and the plants to simulate the natural shade the seedlings would normally get from other surrounding plants

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shit is loading so slow right now as you can see from my double post that it won't let me edit lol. Yes you'll need multiple fixtures for the cfls, I mentioned it because normally it's something people have laying around anyways. You could run to Walmart and get a floro fixture for about $10, and bulbs for about $6 (get the "daylight" spectrum if you do this) You could fit all your plants under one 4 ft floro. It's a good thing to have for seedlings anyways.

7. I live in the middle of buttfuck nowhere so my Walmart is tiny af and probably doesnt have it so I'm headin to Home Depot right now! Thanks again pistils, you're a saint!

• Like Like x 1