Why are my seedlings drooping

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Sleepystoner, Apr 1, 2016.

1. 20160331_211217.jpg I am using Pro-Mix organic seed starting mix, I water about every 2 days or once the earth is dry up to my first knuckle.. I use tap water and let it sit for at least 24 hours to let out the chlorine and let it get to room temperature.. I am growing it in my closet under 2 CFLs (100w (equivalent to 23w) Day light 5000k, I am using some sort of coconut pot or some shit, looked cool at the time, There are no drainage holes on the bottom but I think it drains pretty well since it`s very think and will just come out the sides at worst I guess..

The plant has been like this for about 3 days now :( It doesn`t seem to be getting any better, Is it the earth that I am using? I started out with 2 seedlings, the other one started turning dark green and some leaves yellow and drooping like this one so I just killed it because I figured it had nitrogen toxicity and wasn`t worth it.. This one looks like there may still be hope..? Anyways, I am thinking on just buying natural black earth and adding perlite, and then feeding it whenever it needs it about 1 month in or whatever...

Attached Files:

2. Let me also add that the light is never that far away, Its just to take the pictures, I always keep the CFLS about 1.5 inch away!

3. I guarantee you your problem is over watering. I don't know where that stupid thing about the "knuckle" came from but toss that idea right out the window. That is a small plant, very young, and there is no way that it can use up enough water in 2 days to justify putting more in. These things like a light arid soil with super serious drainage. That coconut fiber thing you've got it in probably isn't the best choice for helping your plant dry out. At least I've never seen anybody try to grow weed in one of them. They work great for flowers. I've got some myself. LOL When you put a small plant in a huge container, it takes it A WHILE to develop it's root system...which is the first thing the plant does. While it's working on the root system, the foliage will just kind of sit there. Once it has formed it's root system to it's satisfaction, then you'll notice the foliage pick back up and start to grow more vigorously. The new grower looks at the plant and thinks it's not doing anything and will water too much or give nutes and other stuff like that. The first thing I would do is repot it into a smaller, maybe a #2, pot with fresh soil. Water it in and put it back under the lights and leave it alone. Don't give anymore water until the pot feels as light as it did when you loaded it with fresh dry soil. You don't need nutes. You're not supposed to start them until the plant has used up the nutes that came in the soil and starting them too soon can (and usually will) fry your plant. It just needs water that is in the right pH range (6.3 to 6.7) for a few weeks...and as much light as you can put in there on it. More light grows bigger plant. This is especially important in flower where more light means bigger more dense buds. If I were you, I would be thinking about another light for flowering besides the fluorescent bulbs. They're great for veg, but the buds flowered with them usually are light and arid and the plants will be spindly. An hps or LED definitely flowers out nicer buds. Good luck! TWW

4. I only watered them when the pots were bone dry and I did also check the weight, I will take your word and wont water them until they start getting better. What about my earth, is that okay? It has nutrients in it, with some Mycoactive shit, and when I water it the water just sits on top of the earth for like 2 minutes which indicates awful drainage to me.. Do you think that the problem could also be the earth or do you think the earth is fine? I will probably buy a bag of black garden earth and mix some perlite in it, get some proper pots and transplant it.. This earth seems to suck.. Thanks for the advice.

5. #5 Sleepystoner, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    Also I think you think that these pots are bigger than they actually are due to the picture, These posts would barely hold 500ml of water if I would take the earth out.. meaning they are like 250ml pots... You obviously mean to transplant them into BIGGER 2 gallon pots.. Please correct me if my bud is too strong :) thanks.. It just sucks, I only watered these girls when the pot was super dry and the top 2 inches was not even moist, and went by weight.. I guess due to the earth and the crappy pot that the water really sits down there where it doesnt evaporate and the roots cant breathe o_O ..I thought IF ANYTHING I would be under watering because I am so paranoid of over watering xD... but put it this way I do have stupid ideas sometimes so maybe it is over watered.. How long until it fixes itself.. .I guess ill just keep the top layer of the earth moist when its extremely dry until it perks back up then i will water it less often

6. am i have the same problem with my plants?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N910P using Grasscity Forum mobile app