Why Are My Plants So Short

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by denows211, Sep 14, 2006.

1. :mad: I GOT SOME DAM MIDGET PLANTS THEIR LIKE A MONTH 1\2 AND THEIR LITTLE AS HELL.I LOOK AT OTHER PEOPLE PICS AND BE LIKE DAM MINE AINT LIKE THAT.COULD THIS BE CAUSED BY OVER FERT.

Attached Files:

2. hey my guess would be that u have a lowrider strain. but it could just shoot up in a matter of two weeks plants are weird things.

3. DONT LAUGH IM REALLY GREEN TO THIS WHAT IS A LOWRIDER:confused: .

4. type of seed strain.....type of bud

5. Is That Why The Leaves Are Ssmall Too?

6. Can you tell us a little about what your set up is like to better help you out?
    Soil,lights,ferts.pot size and so on....later

7. Well I Gave One Of My Bed Room To My Snake . And I Started Growing My Trees And Stuck Them In There. Their Basiclly Under 2 1000watt Spectrum Lights. It Stays Pretty Humid In There. And All I Use Is Mirical Grow For Ferts.

8. I never saw a grow under that kind of light befor...any pics?

The soil is not good for young plants,the ferts are too high

9. Wife Took The Cam. But Last Week I Start 3 More And They Just Shooting Up.every Plant I`ve Grown Started Well But Then They Slow Down.and I Also Wanted To Ask Someone Told Me The More You Clip At A Young Age The Fuller The Plant Will Be.true?PLEASE I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Come On I Need Help!

11. dont clip nothin off ur plants unles there dead or burnt leaves clipping will shock it and slow down its growth they look healthy but u need 2 invest in some half decent nutrients cos mirical grow is no good its 4 grass man i use ionic grow 4 veging phase nd when its time 2 flower i use ionic bloom and u need 2 make sure u put the rite amount of nutrients into the water otherwise u will burn ur plants and leaves will start 2 shrivle but 2 1000watt lamps man fuckin hell u growing a tree lol

12. thanks man. as for the clipping of my plants. well i`ve been clipping 1 and it has grown bushier than the others.the others are just gettin taller and not as many leaves:confused:

13. It looks REALLY dark, are the lights off? Thats a TON of wattage.. What is the lumen and temp of those lights? Ive seen plants do more under a 30 watt cfl. It could be the strain or root problems or nutrients or air but looks like a light problem to me.

14. i dont know all that shit.the lights are just ones i got for my snake. on the box it says that it give the same shit as the sun gives off.and the temp is a steady 85

15. its probably the lights

16. so should i just start putting them out side during the day?

17. Most of those do work ok for growing like reptisun and other aquarium lights. What kind of lighting schedule are you using? How humid does it get? And how far away are the lights from the plants?

18. Yes put them outside if you can do that, cant beat the sun.

19. the room is at 35% humidity.and the plants are a couple feet under the lights.and i wass also wondering could the size of the pot make a difference. they in two quart pots. yeah im in vegas plenty of sun.its still over 90 though. the temp aint gone drop 4 another month

20. Yes they can become root bound and stop growing. They arent stretching so looks like the light is close enough and humidity isnt the problem. I would transplant them to at least a 2 gallon pot. Also if you have the lights on for less than 18 hours a day they might be trying to flower.