why are my leaves turning yellow?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by danbigbud123, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Firstly my set up 1 600 watt hps light 1 extractor fan 1 desk fan 8 plants only 1 plant has started turning yellow just the bottom leaves my ph is 6.5 my temp is between 60- 75 between night and day humidity at 40 here are some pics

IMG_4839.jpg

IMG_2597.jpg

2. There's no reason in particular why leaves drop off and die, they just do.

Water it, give it light, stop worrying.

3. Do they look healthy to you they are 2 weeks old

4. yeah but i would get those three that are in the same pot seperated asap.
    you gotta keepem seperated! lol

5. How do I separate without damaging the plants?

6. Dan'-

Things look fine. Cotyledons and primary leaves (single bladed) do this 2-3 weeks into growth. At least that's been my experience. Cut 'em off. And Stoner' is absolutely right. You need to separate those plants. If you don't, they will be competing for nutrients, and more importantly root space. This will affect your overall yield.

So you've never tranplanted before? I think I've figured out a way to explain how to separate those plants...

Think of the soil in the pot as an uncut birthday cake. What you want to do is cut out sections, like pieces of cake, with a plant in the middle of each section. Allow for as much soil ("cake") around each plant as possible. First, cut your sections all the way to the bottom of the pot. Then scoop out each section as best you can and transplant into a new pot. Do you have a trowel (lil' shovel)?

And mix some perlite in with your soil when you transplant. You might wind up drowning your roots.

wak

7. Thanks for the advice guys plants are now separated had to get rid off one tho because not enough space will keep you updated

8. add nitrogen/fert/nutes