Why are my leafs curling?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Steadysmokin13, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Hey everyone I'm about 12 days into my grow now and have two sprouts both with their leafs curling. It looks almost like a Rams horn.. Their planted in jiffy peet discs and wanting some input as to why this is happening. Thanks!

2. Pics would make it easier. If you are feeding them this early or if they are in a nutrient rich mix this could be the issue. High temps could also be an issue. To get accurate help, you need to provide pics as well as all the details on your grow.....lighting, temps, ph, nutrients, medium, etc

3. Based on the information you have provided I suspect you are over watering them.

Google: epinasty

4. I was having this problem when I first started my grow, got tons of answers all were possibilities but every time I tried to correct them in those ways it didn't. Like they said pics would help but how I finally fixed mine was because humidity was way too low so I ghetto fixed it by surrounding my plants in cups and bowls of water. Plants looked great within a day of that.

5. if low humidity is the culprit, you can mist the plants

6. [quote name='"bmeat"']

if low humidity is the culprit, you can mist the plants[/quote]

Do NoT mist with the lights on....it creates hot spots on the leaves. Misting plants is not a solution to low humidity anyways as the most evaporates in minutes.....you would have to constantly mist your plants for this to do anything, disregard this advice.

7. If it is low humidity, do it right and grab a $20 humidifier....mine works wonders and brings my humidity from 20% to 50%. $20 well spent.

8. OP can you please upload a picture ?

9. Sounds like heat to me...as everyone has said, pics would help, how close are your little ladies to your lights?

10. I'm trying to upload a pic off my phone but the site isn't letting me. The bottom set of leaves are curled the most with some light brown on the tips. The next set of leaves don't seem to be curling as bad I was experimental with general organics feeding box also I'm using 4 33w 6500k cfls about 3 inches away from the plant temp is about 83 degrees F.

11. Sounds like nute burn....seedlings don't need any nutes for the first 2.5-3 weeks, longer if your soil mix has nutes in it.

12. The plants about 2 weeks old growing in a jiffy pellet. I have fox farms ocean mix to transplant into will this be an ok mix?

13. Is going to work fine. You give the most important thing 'TLC'.

14. sorry, i didnt realize it was a bad thing. the mist will evaporate into the air though, creating a more humid environment. this sounds like it would be ideal when the humidity just needs a boost a tiny bit.

correct me again if im wrong

15. One thing to remember, it is going to take about two weeks for your babies to get their legs underneath them. It is probably the most stressful time for me during a grow. You watch them and stress constantly then schazam! they take off :). I guess what I am saying is don't over think it, they are weeds, very hardy stock, they are resiliant. Good luck, I look forward to following your success.

J

16. so these "hotspots" seem to be a myth but I suppose they wouldnt matter anyway since the water evaporates in minutes like you say :) You are right that this ISNT a way to maintain humidty though

17. The bottom leaves that we're curling are dying off now and new healthy growth has begun! Just transplanted into the five gallon pot today I sure hope she starts to take off!