Why Are Inline Bongs Good?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by SmokeErrythang, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Its that time for me. I am getting tired of my glass and am looking to for something new. I wAna get an inline bong OR a straight tube with inline downstem and single honeycomb perc.

Now, I have tried a straightube honeycomb w/ inline stem before and it is way smoother than my bongs, but I have never tried an inline bong before. they are shaped really differently from other bongs so do they have alot of drag? And are they as good as a honeycomb at diffusing the smoke??

I might get one if people reccomend it or I still might just go with a honeycomb, help me decide?

2. Me personally honeycombs all day, I like minimal drag.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. From my experience inlines give better air flow and smoothing but can be harder to clear, honeycombs do a good job of percolating the smoke but usually not as well as an inline but are a lot easier to clear.

Of course high quality versions of either perk can be just as good or better then one another, you should post a pic of what your looking at getting.

4. Yeah inlines are good, honeycombs are a little easier to clear though. 
    As for which is smoother, depends of the number of slits for the inline or holes for the honeycomb

5. #5 GothamDiesel, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
    Grasscity has a decent inline by blackleaf somewhere in the shop. Its the only inline I've had, kinda big (I prefer smaller water pipes or scientific bubblers) they also sell a smaller version and an inline bubbler (I think its called "sunny afternoon," also by blackleaf not sure how it is but its under $100 and looks alright.)

6. Please don't suggest him black leaf, they are so poorly made... I can almost guarantee drag.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. dont get an inline. yeah you can barely feel the hit, but so much drag.

imo you taste the smoke more with honeycomb

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Outline bongs are not as good because they are sloppy. Ever see a pair of inline skaters? They are the shit, I tell ya!! That's why inline bongs are better than outline.

9. #9 GothamDiesel, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014
    Well I was suggesting a cheap one if he really wanted to find out first hand, obviously blackleaf is on the low end. Although back in high school the first glass on glass "branded" waterpipe I had was a "nautilus" inline by blackleaf, I was extremely satisfied for $75, you're right though it had a lot of drag but was a straight up beast and functioned decently enough, I also avoided paying out the ass for a logo. I wouldn't get it again since I moved on but not a bad start if you're looking for an inline perc.