why are immigrants hated on so much?

Discussion in 'General' started by dezz, Aug 17, 2012.

1. You're correct, it is hard, but if I were to go to their country I would learn the language and not expect the people learn mine.

Also, it's not immigrants that are hated, it's the illegal immigrants that are causing the problem. Think about it, an illegal is committing a federal crime, kinda like us using MJ. However, the Feds are looking the other way for them....

2. :hide:

3. ^
    Whats wrong with that? for a high school kid that's good money for only working 4 days a week. Of course the mexicans who worked there did it full time through all the seasons.

4. Na, I just feel dumb founded xD didn't mean to disrespect or anything. That sounds great, but it's not like you see a bunch of americans(born) getting down and dirty with their hands.

5. i have no problem at all with legal immigrants. hell a huge majority of my friends are immigrants.
    but honestly if you're gonna come here illegally and not speak a lick of english, take our jobs, not pay taxes and whistle at every 13 year old girl walking down the street then you can go the fuck home.

6. Well it is "land of the free", attitude like that is why we can't live in harmony.

7. [quote name='"Delluhsion"']
    Well it is "land of the free", attitude like that is why we can't live in harmony.[/quote]

sorry but just cause they had a shitty life in their home country doesnt mean they have to come fuck with ours. in not saying they shouldnt be here but if they are then they should do it legally and live just like everyone else. its not fair for us to pay for people that dont even belong here.

8. There is no America without immigrants.
    That being said, I do have a problem with illegals. Trust me, if I could i'd help every soul in the world but it doesn't work that way. By taking in illegals, its straining all the legal citizens who put effort and hard work into making their lives better.

Its weird man... someone gets lucky and fucking lives in Cali while someone's in Afghanistan with no shoes getting bombed.

9. The one grudge i hold against illegals is how they abuse the health care. My mom works for 6 surgeons at a private practice and they have people give them fake info and shit and never pay thousands of dollars worth of medical care. It's a serious issue. There are also people who are legal that do this to.
    Just because they don't have insurance or anything they come in and get free care because they have to help them. on top of that they do not pay the taxes that make that accessible healthcare available.

10. I don't think people dislike immigrants in general (at least I hope not), just illegal immigrants. I personally have no problem with people coming here legally, not only because I'm not a complete douchebag but also because my mother came here from Germany.

11. America: Equality for all..unless you're black, Hispanic, Muslim, female, gay..well you get the point. :p

12. My great grandparents were illegal immigrants, a lot of us irish were.

13. [quote name='"chip12345"']There is no America without immigrants.
    That being said, I do have a problem with illegals. Trust me, if I could i'd help every soul in the world but it doesn't work that way. By taking in illegals, its straining all the legal citizens who put effort and hard work into making their lives better.

Its weird man... someone gets lucky and fucking lives in Cali while someone's in Afghanistan with no shoes getting bombed.[/quote]

my life is fine the way it is. i don't need someone who shouldn't even be here to make it harder. what ridiculous argument.

14. #54 Malvolio, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
    Because they think of mankind in terms of the fallacy that is the state.

15. I don't see what the big deal is.
    In Ireland, the only people who probably pay the right amount of tax with no bitching or arguing about it are immigrants such as the Filipino nurses/doctors.
    And when Ireland was a rich ass country (the celtic tiger), it was immigrants who filled the jobs that we didn't want to do (too many lazy Irish people taking the dole/'disability' benefits)

When the famine happened in Ireland, WE were the immigrants in other richer countries and I think Irish people are often very quick to forget that.

16. Not learning "our language" is the dumbest reason to hate immigrants. Perhaps we are in the wrong for not being more global and mandating learning foreign languages in schools (which many many other countries do). Maybe we should learn their language and welcome them to our country in a friendly manor since thats kind of the idea America was built on.

"My great great aunt came over from France and learned the language blah blah blah..." ok thats fine French and English are pretty similar as well as German, Spanish and several other languages so its pretty simple to learn one when you know the other. But you have to figure there are plenty of immigrants that speak languages that are as foreign to us as English is to them. Have you ever tried to learn Japanese or Korean or anything? Didn't think so. I haven't really either, because i gave the fuck up because it was hard as hell. And as for learning spanish when you live in america Hispanic people are becoming (if they haven't already become) the majority...and guess what they aren't all illegals:eek: shocking i know so do the smart thing and learn the language. Its not like there is an official "american language"

17. I agree with what a lot of people have already said. The legal immigrants are fine with me. But illegal immigrants are completely unfair to those who did shit the correct way and had to wait years to get here. Maybe those people who actually followed the rules wouldn't have to wait so long for their citizenship if there weren't tons of illegals hopping the border everyday.

The other issues are annoying too (not learning the language while working a job where you speak to customers, taking jobs from legal citizens, etc) but that one issue is the one that really gets me fired up. I used to live in south Florida and according to my older brother (I wasn't old enough to work at the time), you basically needed to know spanish in order to get a lot of jobs. So he went without for a long time.

I just don't see any justifiable reason to "cut the line" so to speak leaving the people who are trying to follow the rules in a worse place as a result.

18. Illegals pay sales tax and property tax included in rent and most would get earned income credit anyways and get all their taxes back like tons of legals

19. The point is you move to japan or korea or china and you have to learn the native language if you want to get shit done. I know a few people who moved over there and picked up the language from living there.

20. have you been to the south yet?

one word: rednecks