Why are hats considered impolite?

Discussion in 'General' started by someoneorother2, Aug 18, 2008.

1. #1 someoneorother2, Aug 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
    Up in the general forum, there is a hat thread that prompted me to ask this question.

Why are hats considered impolite?

I don't really see why hats are in any way impolite. Why is it that in public, people tend to be very aggressive about hat-wearers removing their hats? I always wear mine and in school, I am always forced to take it off in class. Were I more daring, I would like to replace it with my shoe each time I was told to take off my hat. Then just ask innocently why my shoe must be removed from my head as well.

Any one know?????

Thanks:wave::cool::p:D;):eek::rolleyes::devious::hello::smoking::wave:

EDIT: sorry for posting this thread twice; once here/once in philosophy. I thought it didn't post

2. People need a reason to be pricks, hats give them a reason.

3. It's a sign of respect

It doesn't have to have a reason behind it, it's just the way you're supposed to act. I bet you don't spill food all over your lap but you still put your napkin there if you're having a nice meal...at least if you were out at a restaurant.

4. #4 Pizzle, Aug 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
    wellfriend if we let everybody in school wear hats, then people would think its ok to wear ski masks also, cuz hey it counts as a hat too right? because the hat is as gateway hats to more sinister face covering hats. then when everybody is wearingski masks alot of people like to do bad things in skimasks. so we letare children wear hats=gateway hats to bad hats. so if you dont want kids in ski mask to rob you in school, just please take off your hat</SARCASM>

5. Nope, I've never put my napkin on my lap unless I was wiping something off of it :)ey:)

Taking off your hat as a sign of respect is one of those things that should die off along with the obsolete old people who still enforce that silly custom.

Humans are irrational man, they don't make any sense to me.

6. It's not the same thing. I like to wear hats/bandannas because they keep my hair outta my eyes. It's just a peice of clothing nothing more.

7. i hope someone doesnt use your hat as a gateway to ski masks as an argument for MJ and other drugs.

8. i guess maybe its because people look different with a hat on then without one, and when showing respect to something (say the national anthem or at a funeral) to show respect you should present yourself fully as yourself

and as for it being a silly custom that should die off... why, is it that big of a burden for you to take your hat off, if its to keep your hair outta your eyes, maybe u should cut ur fuckin hair emo kid. stop tryin to look like a model and be a damn man

9. ever heard of sarcasm?

10. No thank you. I am capable of critical thinking and making choices for myself.
    I'll choose to keep my hat on whenever I want, where I want. After all humans
    created respect, manners and all those other silly social constructs that are
    supposed to govern our lives.Once again, no thank you.

11. What a noble subject to take a stand on. Yeah, man, wear that hat! Stick it to the man! :rolleyes:

What's up with all these squares driving on the right side of the road? This is the land of the free, am I right, people?

12. The hat is just one thing, based on a chain of things you are expected to do like for instance
    standing up to sing the pledge when you were in school. Also, great use of sarcasm. It was quite funny.

13. No, no I havent.:rolleyes: If hes gonna use sarcasm he shouldve made it clear that he was. He could have used the sarcasm smiley intended for the use of sarcasm.

14. I used to have a couple teachers that were anal about it. It was disrespectful or unproper or something.

I always wanted to say, " Well if you're stuck in acient traditions then would you mind giving your voting rights back and make me a pie? I'm kind of hungry. Get out of the past and I will."

If hats are offending you get offended too easily.

15. My teachers always gave the reason that if people wore hats, they couldn't tell if you were looking at someone else's paper and cheating

We used to think it was unfair. Then we turned 15.

16. lol my teacher told us "If you can give me a legitamate reason for wearing a hat in class ill let you wear it" well yeah nobody got to wear hats in class.

17. I usually wear a beanie, and if a teacher asked me that in school I would say I was cold and something like 80% of your body heat escapes from your head.

So yeah, I got to wear my hat in school a lot :D

And in college I´d say cause if I didn´t my hair would get in the way and I wouldn´t be able to write or see properly.

So yeah, I got to wear my hat in college all day every day :D

18. QUOTE=Pizzle;2882370]wellfriend if we let everybody in school wear hats, then people would think its ok to wear ski masks also, cuz hey it counts as a hat too right? because the hat is as gateway hats to more sinister face covering hats. then when everybody is wearingski masks alot of people like to do bad things in skimasks. so we letare children wear hats=gateway hats to bad hats. so if you dont want kids in ski mask to rob you in school, just please take off your hat</SARCASM>[/QUOTE]
    ahaha good shit

shut up, you sound like a dumbass

19. I was allowed to wear hats in HS :D

20. yes...put a shoe on your head, that'll show 'em!