Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why are edibles so strong?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by SirSinsemilla38, Sep 9, 2020.

1. I dab 4 or 5 times a day, maybe .5 gram a day
    My tolerance is higher than most but for some reason edibles have had me feeling like I'm in another dimension without fail everytime I've ate them. why is that, It's still just thc right? so does eating it make it more bio available to your circulatory system?

2. I used to smoke for 10 years and I've smoked lots of good stuff too. After some health problems I decided to quit smoking and switch 100% to edibles. Edibles are hitting lots stronger than anything you smoke...indeed. This is because when you eat it, your liver transform the thc to 11-hydroxy-THC. This is not the case when you smoke. 11-hydroxy-THC is lots stronger and causes longer effects.

3. Rule of edibles, figure 1 quarter the dose and other means, it basically is 4x stronger eating then smoking. This is why I suggest a 5mg to 10mg max for beginners with them, I personally can do 50mg or more at a time and im fine, wife does 10mg and she's done for a day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Have some cbd around. Its the antidote or lets say anti high! I've been making them for years. I always get my patients to start off very slow and have cbd. I have seen people go to er thinking they were having a heart attack. Then u wont want to take them again. Micro dose till u know ur strength. Lol I make really strong stuff. I should get my oil and brownies tested. Have no idea what mgs they are. I always make new patients go get gummed first. Start them on 20mg and than they can try 10mg increments

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've found out what my issue is, I've been eating 100mg brownies and usually about 1-2 at a time

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Micro dosing lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Whoops I meant 1000mg

• Like Like x 1
  8. You were eating two 1000 mg brownies? Two at 100mg was enough, but 1,000- 2,000mg is insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. When you eat it, THC chemically changes from delta 9 THC to 11 hydroxy THC in your liver. Its 10s of times stronger when you eat it.

10. #11 SirSinsemilla38, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    When I go to my dispo looking for edibles, I grab whatever has the highest potency, I've had packs of gummies that are around 300mg, brownies that go up too 1000mg, I've seen lower potency hard candies and medicated food but I never grab them
    It's funny you mention delta 9 thc, I bought a few carts that are allegedly "95%" delta 8 thc and it still gets me stoned, what's the difference between delta 9 and delta 8 thc if you know?

11. Sounds like a typo or bunk carts. There is no delta 8 thc

12. I stand corrected. I actually have a certification to work in a dispensary, and I didnt know this.

13. That'll do it. :rolleyes:

14. The delta 8 thc carts I didnt get at my dispo, I got them at one of those Pakistani corner stores for 30 bucks and from what the clerk was telling me its apparently a legal chemical form of thc, no med or rec card needed. I'll post a picture of the cart and packaging when I get home tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dont thinks it's a typo, the packaging very specifically states there is less than 0.3% delta 9 thc in the cartridge, I think the exact ingredients are 800mg of 95% delta 8 thc and 200mg of CBD infused with terpenes

• Like Like x 1
  16. Go crazy or go home homie

17. Wait so if I eat 1000-2000 mg of edibles is that like the equivalent of 4-8 grams of wax because if so I'm worried that might have some sort of health impact on my liver or something

18. Really high doses of edibles are dangerous to your health from the hours or days of the spins and the endless vomiting followed by the dry heaves the spins cause.
    Inhaling your own vomit is always a total bummer.

300mg will push me to the edge of that so higher dosing is damn sure not advised.

BrassNwood, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    Once again I had a "Close Encounter of the Cannabis Kind"
    3 of the newly made RSO caps at 4pm as I was still feeling a few twinges from the old Surgery site after my transplanting adventures.

I was fine for a couple hours until just about exactly the last bite of the fabulous Del Taco dinner we were having. 6pm or so.

Suddenly Mr. Velvet Sledgehammer snuck up and Whacked me upside the bloody head to where it was lay down or fall down. I'm stoned off my ass and have the overwhelming urge to pee.

Even then I was OK. Keep thinking I just took a bit to much and it'll ease up in a bit. NOPE, nada, Kept building and building and I reached that moment when you think I really misjudged the dose and I'm in serious trouble. And over riding it all was the urge to take a whizz. But I can't. It's just urge and it is really a pressing I'm going to pee myself URGE!

Vision went tunnel, Audio was way to loud, Skin had the crawlies, Hot flushed then freezing cold the next moment.
    I still need to PEE :)

Spins came on and I thought I was going to lose my dinner when the room started to get cranked up and I had to hold on as the damn planet tried it's best to throw me off.
    GOD let me just PEE !!

Now I really don't feel well. My belly hurts and I'm FUCKING Miserable and have been for 3 hours now. Keep biting my tongue and chanting to myself " I will NOT call 911 and report a Cannabis overdose. NOPE !!!"
    I still have to FUCKING PEE !!!

Somewhere around 1 am in flat out exhaustion I passed out and didn't wake till 6am.
    WHEW !!!!! Mother of God what a Ride.
    Damn I think this one gets moved up to the #1 slot of Wow did I ever misjudge that dose.
    I never did get to Pee.

BNW

19. High doses dont have any short term effect on me, whenever I smoke with someone I've never smoked with before I will take the biggest dab i can and ZERO it, my record is 3.5 grams of green crack shatter zeroed without coughing and the looks on peoples face when I do this is fucking PRICELESS, ive never even come close to vomiting or being uncomfortable in my own skin while high, I'm just worried about long term damage to my organs