Why are all my plants sick now

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Corn Man, May 3, 2013.

1. I just can't catch a break, without a doubt all my plants always decide to die before harvest and every single thing I do has no effect, I flushed all my plants, increased their nutrient dosage AND threw in that Cal Mag crap they live and they still decide to keep fucking dying. I have no idea what I am doing wrong but about half a dozen of my plants are starting to get whatever this problem is with my plants.

[​IMG]

2. lollllll

3. #3 Bong gnarley, May 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2013
    How close are your lights? And bad idea to up your nutes. When In doubt, leave it the fuck alone. Hard to see in the picture but looks like a mix between phosphorus deficiency, heat/light stress and nute burn. So move your lights further away, just flush with ph'd water and give it a small amount of phosphorus. Don't bin it yet.

4. hes not wrong... somethings too much for that girl and shes stressed. i would ease right up on the nutes and keep temps as low as possible

5. Flush again and on final phase of flush feed at 1/4 strength that you have being feeding at, add some cal/mg again also

6. alright, I will def do all of that, thanks for the advice =]

7. It's absolutely vital your ph is correct or youl block all your nutes out.

8. not looking too good, fuck the neuts, flush with h2o only when in doubt. check for spider mites the damage can look similar. ull need a scope and u can see um munchin ur green

9. It's not spider mites. It's either too much nutes, incorrect ph, heat issues or some sort of deficiency.

10. I was told that giving you this information can help diagnose

Ocean Forrest Soil

Indoors

Pure Kush

50 days Old

1000W HPS

They were about 1 foot from the light, just changed them to about 26 inches

I water them about every five days with RO water by Culligan that I pick up from Walmart

I was giving them 1/4 of the dose of Advanced nutrients, Micro, Bloom, and Grow

The Runoff is 5.9

The temp of the Room is about 85-90 at it's hottest, and that was with the light low and it being hot outside now

They are Five Gallon Pots

There is no bugs to my knowledge

11. #11 TroutTalker, May 3, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
    Do you have an air cooled hood? I run a 1k aircooled and I pull a ton of air. I can only get about 20inches from the canopy. I would say heat is a major factor with these plants. See how the tips are curling up like a "elf shoe' ? What is happening is they are transpiring to fast and basically drying out. I would give only water from here on out since you are on day 50 of flower. You live and learn. Welcome to growing lol

Also get those temps down in there. I try and stay below 80 during flower. If not I find my quality suffers.

12. To answer your question it is an air cooled hood, and thanks for the advice good sir, now I know what causes that elf shoe. I have been growing for a year, but I have known since day one that it takes probably damn near a decade to master this art.

13. Or a really sweet grow setup =P

14. We will get you all sorted out over here in the city. Just keep growing and showing :)

15. Do you have them in large enough pots? Are they root bound?

16. I hope they aren't root bound this late

but I actually am pretty sure it was the heat from the light... I felt so dumb when you said it because it never occurred to me and when I went in there to raise the thing I noticed all the ones directly under it were only having the problem on the side facing the light.

I would have raised it sooner but I still have to get a nice hanger system, I just have to tied to some hooks in the ceiling so I had to basically rehang the whole light, I will post pics in a couple days to see if everything helped.

17. Yup Yup...Just know that these things are going to be ugly still and they wont be coming back to healthy green trees. We are just going to be preventing further damage at this point.