Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why am I not getting high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by kiwiman, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Hey guys, I stumbled upon GrassCity recently while googling a few questions that I had. I've been lurking here for a few days, and this looks like an awesome place.

My question is simply this: Why am I not able to get high?

This must be the noobiest question you guys will ever get, but please consider it. The situation is I've only smoked twice in my life, and both times, I do not believe I got high.

I expected not to get high my first time, but the second time, I don't think I really got high either. I was hitting some grass out of a spoon by lighting up, and inhaling without holding the hole on the side of the bowl. I inhaled as much as I could, until my chest was full, and held it until the fire in my chest was too painful.

I never really felt high. What am i doing wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I also forgot to include that I took 2-3 hits, all in the same fashion described.

3. #3 dokc, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2014
    You left the carb open

You mean the carb? You need to hold the carb while you hit it.. you aren't supposed to let go until the end so you can clear the last of the smoke.. you didnt get high because you burned weed without inhaling it.

good job sport.

5. As I said, I lit the grass up, and drew my breath in as much as I could. This was hit out of a spoon. I had not been jacked up on caffeine. I was even smoking on an empty stomach.

And no, I did not have a vibrator up my ass lmao.

6. #7 Old School Smoker, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2014
    I did not get high until the 4th time i smoked. I believe it has something to do with your cannebinoid receptors in your brain getting de-virginized from THC. I don't understand why, but I have talked to many others who have been through the same experience. Keep smoking. One day it'll hit you I promise.

I suggest higher grade weed and take more hits. Good luck!

this is 100% weird to me because the first time I smoked weed I got super high.. i've never smoked weed and not got high.  maybe im lucky!

8. I want to say I inhaled it because I blew out quite a bit of smoke. If I am not making any sense, I'm sorry.

according to your words, you did not hold the carb. so i am 100% positive you didn't smoke it right... try again.

10. I read that's possible but it seems to be a rare circumstance. I also held back on taking more than 5 hits max because I was a virgin smoker and didn't know what to expect. Thanks for the information. I'll definitely try to take more hits and get some better stuff next time.

11.  You gotta have your finger on the hole man. Your not really getting any smoke, so of coarse you're not getting high. You also don't have to hold the smoke in that long, doesn't do anything but deprive you of oxygen. 2-5 seconds does fine 

12. I didnt get high the first two times I smoked. Its really not unusual...keep trying...soon and very soon you WILL get stoned...100%

13. Get a bong and try again.

14. C c

15. That was a mistype ^^ but anyways what your experiencing is very common I didn't get high until I tried edibles which means I just wasn't Inhaling right after (I tried multiple times I even owned my own bowl before I could even get high) after you take your hit make sure to take an extra breath of fresh air ontop of your hit this will insure that it enters your lungs

16. did u blow any smoke out

17. I did, even though I didnt cover the carb

18. next time cover the carb, you will get much more smoke and its gonna burn your throat on the way to your lungs. I think you didnt get high because you simply didnt take in enough

19. Op, basically what we're saying is that if you have weed and know how to smoke, you'll get high my dude.