Why ABC News / Nightline need to apologize....

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by not_me_its_my_meds, Mar 1, 2014.

1. First if this is not the right forum to bring this up, please direct me where it is.

I started this over on Reddit... but I'm looking for other online cannabis communities to join together and try to make some positive change.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First go here and complain.
    This is the general feedback form. Please be ARTICULATE and CIVIL.
    Now for my soapbox...
    For far too long and I'm sure I'm repeating things that have been said for quite sometime, the cannabis community needs to come forth and set the record straight and not allow the continued bullshit to be fed to the general populace with no response from us.
    Not only should the /r/trees (along with the other cannabis related subreddits) community make their voice heard, but band together with other online cannabis communities that you may participate in as well and ask for the following.
    1 - ABC News needs to retract that piece or correct it with actual facts.
    2 - Apologize to the general cannabis community for issuing such propaganda.
    3 - Notify the 'commercial sponsors' of Nightline & ABC News that you disapprove of the article and that unless the above requests are met you will take your money elsewhere and encourage others to do the same.
    Now this will only work if we follow through on this and the general help of the community would be appreciated. I know it's difficult to 'ID' a specific commercial sponsor and I don't read or watch ABC in general, however something needs to be said to them about this.
    If you have any other resource links that can help please post them in relation to this.
    Please crosspost and/or link this as you see fit.
    Remember the words of Martin Prince: Individually we are weak, like a single twig, but as a bundle we form a mighty faggot.
    :)
    Edit: ABC News piece link

2. Never liked Disney to be honest. Stopped buying comics  when marvel was sold to them and don't support their movies since they are always pushing for some BS copyright law.

3. lol "one hit and you're high for over a day" and "causes brain damage"...fuck them abc always sucked anyways

4. Fuck I wish one hit could make me high for over a day! If I smoke like 10 hits I am lucky to be high for an hour.

5. Oh yeah, it must cause brain damage that's why the NIH created patent 6630507, antioxidants an neuro protectants and uses it to treat neurological degeneration. Lol the free radical reducing properties are so strong that it actually would reduce or treat brain damage, if anything.

Do these guys even science??

6. yeah, from, 1933. that is all the science that is needed to support views from that time period. I mean how can we have even evolved since that time and how could we even know anything else after 70 years. those 1930 facts must be correct and the news station knows it. no one else has a chance to stand against those facts   :)

7. When the mainstream media is controlled by the most evil pieces of shits on this earth, then don't expect an apology because they're trash.

8. But it's awesome to use this:

"What? Apologize to me right now. "