Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Whose in control? Common Sense or Dumbassery?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Clark Kent, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Whats up GC, homies and I were contemplating about the addictive nature of the magical kush we all smoke and love.

Do you know of anyone whose life is controlled by kush instead of the other way around? 

One argues that since its a chemically non-addictive substance you're in charge and if terrible life choices happen to occur on your journey and adventure to secure and smoke fields of ganja; it your own damn fault.

However we've all known a person or two to claim that kush ruined their life. 

So what gives GC?

P.S

Include your biggest pet peeves involving smoking with others!
    (Mine happens to be when people complain about the weed when you're smoking them up for free)

2. Chocolate taste good some people eat a lot and turn into fat asses, other control it and have it more as a treat and some dont like having it at all. What I'm trying to get at you can either let it control your life or use it in moderation. My pet peeve when smoking with friends is when someone gets paranoid or cant control their high.

3. #3 BabyEyesStoner, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2013
    Yep, I know a guy who refuses to do anything when he gets home from work except roll 2 joints and smoke them. Even if he's already made plans, he will 100% cancel them to roll his precious 2 joints. No one loves weed more than me but damn. It's like he can't function without it.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm not blaming the weed for his weak mindedness, the only one to blame is his total lack of willpower and fucked up priorities. And to be fair, I'm sure he doesn't believe kush "ruined his life." He probably doesn't even see the problem.

4. #4 Sparkwolf, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2013
    Edit: oops wrong thread.

5. Stop saying kush. This is the seasoned thread and you are sounding like a total noob.

6. depends on the context of your question br0

7. Definitely has the potential to be addictive. Im pretty alcohol isnt chemically addictive yet after prolonged use some people just can't live without it. Moderation is the key, some people can't handle that My biggest pet peeve is when I smoke with people is when someone freaks out and doesn't say ANYTHING learn your limit!!

8. #8 Dwayne Camacho, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2013
    Emphasis in the quoted text is mine. Alcohol is horrendously physically addictive. Its withdrawal effects can actually kill you. Delirium tremens. Granted, you have to drink a LOT to experience the DTs, but it's still dangerous. Like 750mL or more a day for weeks/months at a time.

But, yeah, I know some people who could actually qualify as addicted to weed despite the fact that it's not physically addictive. Two people, who I haven't seen sober in years and who freak the fuck out and focus their entire life on finding more weed if they run out. I smoke a few times a week. It's just these guys have made it the focal point of their entire lives.

9. 100 people smoke weed. 99 of them can take it or leave it. 1 of them ends up here:

http://www.marijuana-anonymous.org

10. Thanks for the correction, but either way too much of anything is always a bad thing. Agreed, if your entire life goal is to obtain more weed to smoke then I would call that person an addict

11. What's your motivation to make this thread?

12. I love weed and weed loves me.