Who's your favourite artist

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by tommy chong, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Lol, do you mean Escher? Yeah I like Escher too, he's a damned clever guy, incredibly talented. I wish i could paint like that *sigh*

2. In no certain order I like, Van Gohg, Picasso, Dali, a guy named Jacek Yerga, Brom, R. Crumb.............and many others. Here's a Yerga pic.

Attached Files:

3. wow that Yerga pic's really good, i'll have to check him out. Also, bridget riley. I was whatching a program with her in the other day and i just love her work. Especialy when i'm stoned.

[​IMG]

4. .............his last name is actually Yerka. I meant to do an edit the night I posted, but I got stoned and missed it. I'm also into Ukiyo-e. It's the Japanese art of making woodblock prints. I especially like Kuniyoshi, he did some really dark stuff. Here's one of his lighter images.

Attached Files:

5. dali has some good shit.......but i love escher...........the way he paints his perspectives are just incredible.........

6. I did my latest art project for college on Ukiyo-e, have you seen much of Hokusai's work? He's probably the most famous Ukiyo-e artist

7. I have seen his work, have some on my HD. Because of his fame his stuff is easy to find on the net. Here's another by Kuniyoshi, I'm going to have it tattooed on my left arm. It's one of his darker ones. I believe it depicts "Genji", or is from a story with "Genji" in the title, not sure which. I'd love to find translations of the text found on many of these prints.

http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=24328&page=1&highlight=tattoos#