WHOOO! Moving to california..

Discussion in 'General' started by mrgumz, May 20, 2010.

1. don't be so sure. We have to vote on it first and right now its split right down the middle - there's a large chance it won't pass.

2. "split right down the middle"

last time i checked 60% of Californian's approved the legalization of marijuana

3. Legalization won't save California from a 19 billion dollar budget deficit. If anything it will probably encourage more people to grow their own and the big time illegitimate growers aren't going to suddenly volunteer to pay taxes.

4. Where do you get your info from?

The latest polls posted on the LA Times site shows 49% in favor, 48% not, and 3% Unsure

but those polls don't mean much usually.

As for helping the economy - I think it will help IMMENSELY. As I've said on other threads - sure people can grow it - but MOST PEOPLE do not live in places where they can grow it easily and most people would just rather go buy it than have to wait for it to grow.

It WILL help. Its just a matter of passing the law.

5. What? Where are you hearing that were having a weed drought down here?

6. Anyone can grow a couple of plants for personal use in their back yard if they're so inclined. It's no different than growing a vegetable garden or planting flowers. I grow 4 or 5 plants at a time twice a year indoors under artificial light and it's way more than my wife and I can smoke in a year. But that's not really my point. Legalization won't even come close to generating enough revenue to save California from bankruptcy. Not to mention that legislation takes time to implement and the state is on the brink right now. And if (when) the federal government bails out California, you'll be under their thumb. Like all the other bailouts, it will come restrictions and rules and MJ is still illegal under federal law. There's no telling what will happen then. The law could easily be rescinded.

The point of my original post was that while I can understand why a kid might want to move there, for an adult looking for a fresh start, California would have to be at the bottom of the list.