Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wholesome, or Grinded?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Eric_Fortis, Feb 11, 2010.

1. It has come to my attention that grinding up a bud and smoking it is better than just smoking the bud right away. Is this true? If so, why is this true?

And also, if it is true, where can I purchase a grinder?

2. Of course grinding/breaking it up is better than smoking the nug. When you burn the nug without breaking it up you waste a lot of the weed towards the inside of the bud. When you grind it, you get more of the area to smoke. Idk, it's something like that. Someone else will be able to explain it more clearly.

3. Im not trying to sound rude by quoting myself from another thread, but it really says all of what grinding does.

4. Wow, I feel like a really stupid newbie, because I didn't know this either and I've already smoked 2 twenty bags in my MJ smoking career. I always used to just break off a piece of the bud and pack it in my spoon, but I guess I'll start tearing it apart more fine now...

5. I grind before I smoke. However, I keep my main stash in nug and have a little gram or two stash that is always ground.

Ground weed dries faster.

6. Scissors seem to work just fine for me :p

7. Wow...just wow...sigh....

8. This is Apprentice Tokers...You should expect questions like this.

Anyways, yes grinding your bud is better. Buy a little grinder, they aren't expensive.

9. Ground up, more surface area to burn means it milks faster. If I don't grind it up I find that I waste most of my lung capacity milking up the tube.

10. i just break it up by hand, it would always crack me up when my friend would shove a gram or more nug into whatever peice we were using

(if you break it up by hand onto a peice of paper you can fold it and use it as a way to direct the bud into your bowl

11. You shouldn't break it up with your hands as I've been told some thc can be absorbed into your skin.

12. you can break it up by hand or sccissors. some weed i have to use sccissors other than the grinder. grinders is never a regret though they are really useful been you have some really really hard buds. some also have kief collectors. you can buy one at your headshop or just in a smoke shop for 20$ or less.

13. somebody before me said it already, but a grinder helps you keep the kief.
    which is where the THC is.

read that off of another post somewhere on GC.
    this site is the bomb.

14. Grind it everytime. It gets you higher faster

15. if you are a new smoker, grinding your weed may cause more of a sore throat/lungs after smoking because you take huge hits when its grinded. What i suggest for you since you are just starting to smoke, bust up your weed a little bit, like for example break .5 into 3 or 4 pieces. Its the best of both worlds for when you just start up

16. lmao...