Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Who uses medical marijuana for stuttering?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by michael68, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Just curious if anyone else uses marijuana to help stuttering.

• Like Like x 1
  2. i smoked with this kid once who had a hella stutter, like he was real cool but he just couldnt get the words out sometimes... we smoked, and it just went away.. pretty cool in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  3. we have a client in rhode island with a stuttering problem, he said ingesting cannabis is the only effective way he can control his impediment.

hope this helps

- Incoherent Ingestibles

• Like Like x 1
  4. That's awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  5. i've developed a stutter in the past year because of my mental issues... yeah, cannabis helps with that (i'm going to guess that it's because i don't feel as stressed out.)

• Like Like x 1
  6. I stutter pretty badly (thank god for the internet), but have made huge strides over the past few months in understanding myself and the root of my speech and anxiety problems. Marijuana to help stuttering and anxiety can be tricky, because there's such a fine line between how it can help you and how it can hurt you.

I'm now a "less is more" smoker...I'll smoke once, maybe twice a week. I can honestly say that smoking less allows my mind to be better stimulated and allowed me to think about my speech and other aspects of life from a different perspective. While being high doesn't help my social anxiety or help me speak better in real time, it opened my mind to the changes I needed to make to overcome the root of my blocking.

I'll smoke, think about things, maybe write a few down, then revisit those ideas a few days later from a sober perspective. (If you stutter and do something similar, I'd love to share ideas.)

However, it's important to address what can go wrong, too :(. At least for me, smoking too much magnifies my stuttering and anxiety. I'd build up a tolerance to where it didn't really help me think outside of the box anymore...but it'd just allow me to chill and numb out. As a result, it made avoidance easier, and as a result I'd speak less.

I'm not trying to say smoking too much was the reason that my speech was bad...I was probably just too immature to deal with my shit at the time. But the amount I was smoking certainly didn't help.

So as I said, it's a fine line. If you HONESTLY believe that smoking every day helps your speech and anxiety in the outside world, then that's great. But you gotta be true to yourself and why you smoke if you really want your speech to get better.

Sorry for the essay, but hopefully some people can benefit from this thread. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. this is a fantastic thread im glad i found it! +rep to StringersBell and high five to all you patients out there that have discovered a safe way to continue to develop yourselves and work with your own personal issues <3

8. I agree with StringersBell, a little toked helps tremendously with my stuttering, but once I have gotten a little too baked, it comes back. I think that once you have reached the relaxation stage of your buzz, your speach gets more fluent, but when you're stepped up into the goofy and maybe a more paranoid state, you lose it.:love-mj2: ✌❤