Who to vote for

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by waldorph, Oct 4, 2011.

1. I just turned 19 and i havnt voted before. Im just wondering who would be the best candidate to help legalize it.

2. Ron Paul.

/thread

3. Glad to see another Ron Paul thread going. Way to show support!!

4. might as well just not

5. Ron Paul.
    /thread
    FUCK. Fattymatty done beat me to it.
    Oh well.

6. Ron Paul wants to legalize weed so... Ron Paul.

7. Ron Paul it is then. Ill have to do some more research though.

8. Don't vote for somebody because some random people on a message board told you to. If marijuana legalization is the only issue you care about though, vote for Ron Paul. Only him and Gary Johnson (out of the current candidates) want to legalize marijuana on a federal level.
    Please Google Ron Paul and educate yourself, you won't regret it.

9. I think it's great that this guy is going to vote just based on this issue. This is exactly how prohibition of alcohol worked, it has to become a wedge issue.

10. #10 [0[eagjo, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
    A lot of the people who want the government to end the war on drugs, and stop telling them what they can do with their body, are the same people who want us to stop having international conflicts every couple of months and end reckless, irreconcilable spending. All the while people supporting prohibition of alcohol did it merely on a religious and "care about your neighbor" stance.

11. [quote name='"Malakiarat"']

A lot of the people who want the government to end the war on drugs, and stop telling them what they can do with their body, are the same people who want us to stop having international conflicts every couple of months and end reckless, irreconcilable spending. All the while people supporting prohibition of alcohol did it merely on a religious and "care about your neighbor" stance.[/quote]

I'm not sure how this relates to making prohibition a wedge issue

12. Ron Paul wants to legalize marijuana for many reasons, mainly to stop the failed drug war in it's tracks and actually rethink the strategy to combat the actual harmful drugs such as cocaine, heroine, meth etc. Also to stop putting innocent tokers in prison for getting caught a few too many times

13. It doesn't.

14. He doesn't want to legalize anything.

All he wants to do is end the federal drug war, and then leave it to the states to decide what should be legal and what shouldn't.

Meaning if California or another state wanted to do so they could, without having to worry about the feds, or getting dispensaries shut down.

And if people don't like his economic policies then I guess they care more about that than, expanding the wars in the middle east and killing innocent civilians. Not to mention, continuing the drug war and all attacks on civil liberties.

If he doesn't get the nomination, and people don't write him in. It will be like choosing a flavor of poison. Over 14.5 trillion dollars of debt will NOT end well.

15. @Catatafish,in the interview I watched he stated he was all for TE legalization and taxation, however I know see that just because he is for it doesn't mean he's pushing it but I did also hear him mention wants to decriminalize it on a federal level so I now see where my confusion was. Nonetheless I still have full faith in him, if he is elected president there will be reform to marijuana laws.

16. No one your vote doesn't count for presidential elections.

17. [quote name='"BlazedKoala"']No one your vote doesn't count for presidential elections.[/quote]

Actually your vote does count, whoever wins the popular vote in a state, those states electoral voters cast their vote for that candidate, there has only been a tiny few times that, that was proven wrong

18. And in most states it is now illegal for an elector to not vote for the winner of the popular vote in that state.

19. No it doesn't otherwise bush wouldn't have been elected. You have no say in the election of presidents the electoral college can vote who ever the hell they want.

20. [quote name='"BlazedKoala"']

No it doesn't otherwise bush wouldn't have been elected. You have no say in the election of presidents the electoral college can vote who ever the hell they want.[/quote]

[quote name='"Wikipedia"']
    Presidential electors are selected on a state-by-state basis, as determined by the laws of each state. Generally (with Maine and Nebraska being the exceptions), each state appoints its electors on a winner-take-all basis, based on the statewide popular vote on Election Day
    [/quote]

Incorrect