Who said it was to early.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by KingCityKush, Dec 16, 2017.

1. I’ll be placing them outside now with the same 300watt LED just so they won’t flower and get some growth. Might place a second one. Cold around 40°F tonight.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. I've done this before. Depending on your genetics, like that male you saw, the short sun hours will have them flowering early. The LED will help but the Sun is so powerful it will influence the flowering. You will have a bunch of early flowers. Some will then try to revert to vegetative growth as the days get longer towards 13 to 14 hours. You can selectively harvest those early buds and encourage more vegging to get a normal fall crop from those. Some will continue to flower and nor revert to veg again producing shorter plants than had you started them later.
    Some will be confused and herm on you. Some will mold due to wet Spring and flowering early. It's a crap shoot depending on the heritages of the seed. For really big outdoor giants you need to keep them under lights until the summer days are long enough to prevent your strain from early flowering, then set them out.
    Good luck it's all good knowledge. Just don't expect these early ones to do everything you'd expect from later plantings where the day length is appropriate for continued vegetative growth.
    That purple one should stay purp since they all have the same soil and growing conditions. Looks genetic to me.

3. Thanks for the info :). It’s still early I was planning on getting clones and having them indoor until summer. Just Incase any of those things happened.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yep, taking clones is the main reason for starting early. But taking clones of males is time consuming and wasted work. The sooner you can get the males to express the better. Even by taking clones and shorting the clones hours of light to see what is what. I had one outdoor summer crop of Dairy Queen taken from seeds started in November under lights. By the time the clones were ready to set out in early May I had dozens of females taken from the best one seed mother of a ten pack.

Then all of the outdoor crop was identical without any variances in height or finishing time. The harvest was amazing. It's a lot of work but worth the results.

Good luck, all learning is good knowledge.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Much respect for your bold plan for a Redbud Forest. I humbly offer my chaotic current crop. The pair here under two UFOs (90 and 300) will hit two months from seed on the 15th.
    IMG_20180206_091232.jpg IMG_20180206_091244.jpg
    Chasing two who have more of a Sativa feel that I'm attempting to scrog through the middle shelf of a second cabinet with 450 watts combined.
    IMG_20180205_230439.jpg IMG_20180205_230451.jpg
    On the horizon, a batch of seven about ten days above ground are slow to catch fire but will soon blaze to life.
    IMG_20180202_072232.jpg
    In the fading sunset are two who have a while to go under more flattering light despite their shabby appearance.
    IMG_20180201_162123.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yea we never stop learning. Everybody has their way and experience with things. Thanks for the info.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nice what strains are you growing?

8. From the original 30 we are down to 18 plants. We have our first female more like 2 and another male.

Image1517967132.219257.jpg

Female 2

Image1517967179.851468.jpg

Male

Image1517967238.602067.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I run raggedy bagseed; no faith in store bought in a non compliant State.

10. Lol you could get some off attitude seeds. I use to get them from herbies also.

11. It boils down to a matter of trust; what is to prevent some unscrupulous individual from putting any old seed in a package and sticking a label on it?

12. Well they are very well trusted I don’t think they would do something like that and ruin their reputation.

• Like Like x 1
  13. We are at day 54. I think I'm going to top them today.

Image1518139568.837601.jpg

Looks like my purple one came out to be a male.

Image1518139679.254986.jpg

14. Might keep it to do some seeds.

15. Actually topped them today. Got lazy other days :D. You can see that nice oze coming out. Forget the name of it. I think I might have more males few more days. I’m keeping one. Feed them with some 13-2-2. Ph going in is 6.7 ph running out is 7.0.

Image1518309245.245877.jpg

16. We are at day 64. I think they look the same. Temps have been really low in the 38s but look healthy.

Image1518996699.350592.jpg

Image1518996733.706018.jpg

Just Incase everything goes to shit I picked up 2 clones. Granddaddy purple and cherry OG. These will be indoor until June.

Image1518996949.040913.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Looks like the temps are really fucking them up :p. It’s suppose to be 28°F tonight. I think I will put them inside today. 45°F as we speak. Leaves curling up.

Image1519101402.844782.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. They are nice and healthy looking. Those early males are always the fastest growers. Unless you really, really need seed mulch those suckers now. :devilish:

Males are so much trouble to keep isolated and healthy. They want to flower and die. Some will even try to flower in 16 hours of light.

19. Yes I’m planning on keeping one male to make some seed experiments. But no pollen sacs have opened yet :p.