Who said it has to be this way?

Discussion in 'General' started by Lotek-Rider, May 13, 2010.

1. Who said that we the people have to be controlled by Government? Who said that we have to follow laws, regulations, and rules to be allowed to live "free"? Who said IM not allowed to smoke marijuana? Who said that they have the rights to lock people in jail?

Im trying to comprehend right now how the world came to be so negative and full of regulations? Why did it have to turn out this way??? :confused:

2. a collective of people doesn't function as a society without some imposed regulations

whether or not you agree with the rules is your disposition

you're welcome to do anything within your power to change them

3. Bingo

4. I think it was Woodrow Wilson when he signed into effect the Federal Reserve Act.

Thomas Jefferson (I believe) once said "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous than standing armies... if the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of currency... the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of their property until their children wake up homeless on the continent that their fathers conquered."

5. I started thinking about this a few months ago for a while

I get exactly what you're saying ' you're thinking in a paradox not in a way that can be contradicted a way that takes the thought so far its infinite

like who ever thought of jail... and then how did it end up expanding so much ' all over the world ' into all these different jails with money to support all these inmates etc ' like back in caveman days they didn't have jail so you cant say it goes back to the beginning of time

but who knows maybe they did

its all very interesting to me how everything truly came to be

and how people really feel like they have the right to say you can smoke cigs and get cancer but you can't smoke weed and just be happy

6. I think were on the same level man, ill take a quote from jimmy, "Im the one who has to die when its my time to die, so let me live my life the way I want to." :smoke:

7. You are not "controlled" by the government.

You are free to do whatever the fuck you want. But you aren't the only one with that freedom... the rest of society is free to impose consequences if they don't like your actions.

8. Why do they get to impose consequences on me?

How is that right?

9. Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law

10. exactly and man its like once you're dead you're dead

you won't care what other will think about how you lived your life because you won't be around to care ' you'll be off doing new things

its important to build up good karma for your next life but as far as caring about the " rules " that people made up its really not the way to be thinking about how to live life at all

11. I would amend this with "but be prepared for the consequences"

12. They dont have "control" over us but the government damn sure wants people to feel that way and succeed in doing so otherwise they would lose their power. Our government is far from perfect, it has become too complicated for our own good and hinders any real progress these days.

13. Also, the government shouldnt be seen as the "most high"...theyre not above nature/God/life/whatever. They should serve the people and are the people. It seems like our current government is trying to fill the role of God by deceiving the ignorant and making people more dependent on them. Thats the real danger.

14. its all because we industrialized after the war of 1812

...................:confused::smoking:

15. People can't be trusted to do as they want with out causing problems for others and for us all to live together in relative harmony we have to be able to exact consequences against those who wish to cause trouble for the rest of us.

The way you live isn't the way I live and I may not like it and I may decide to do something about it but we live in a world where we are kept (as best as possible) from doing things to each other.

We live in a tenuous peace with each other and it's really the best we can hope for.

16. Do you have any idea how many regulations are out there?

Im pretty sure we could function if we only had a limited amount of regulation that really put the honess to do good in the peoples hands. Government is outta control these days. Now they are going to be controlling how much salt i can eat or drink. BULLSHIT!

17. Dude it's not so simple. You've got to think about how many people there are, and know that if there was no government and no laws you wouldn't like it. Basically it comes down to this; you give up the right to murder someone with no consequences, and in return you're protected from murder by the law. Same with any other crime, rape, theft, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for small government that doesn't interfere in peoples rights, but to be honest the world is better with laws. Government is preferable to anarchy, but we need to find ways of better limiting the governments power.

And to whoever asked why it's right that people impose consequences to your actions, that's the first rule of the universe bro.