Who made the earth?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Four-Two-Zero, Aug 24, 2006.

1. I have a nice little trip on some shroomz right now, ate about 2 grams...so anyways i was thinking

who made the earth and everything on it, did god? but who made god? but who made the person that made god? who made all the other planets? who made cavemen? who made dinosaurs?

WTF

2. Depends on what you believe.

3. i think. some alien figured out a formula to create life anywhere. and he picked earth and is watching us and several other experiments. nah just kidding. i pulled that outta my ass. who knows man just blaze on

4. No person made earth. Earth was made like all of the other planets, dust orbiting around the sun clumped together because of gravitational pull... dust turned into meteors (or something like that), then they eventually became planets. Man and other living creatures are here from a long evolution beginning with microorganisms, that were in the right place at the right time and began to evolve. Eventually evolving into what we have today, and are continuing to evolve. Who knows what earth will be like in 1 million, 5 million, 1 billion years. Will it still be here? If it is, what will life be like on it? Could man dissapear and a new species "rule the world", such as the dinasaurs did?

Who really knows, go smoke a joint and go think about it, or go watch some discovery channel =)

5. Im sure it's MUCH more complex than what i just said. I guess that's my cliff notes version of what I believe.

6. In a different thread you said that you believe in God, and you defend him.
    Why don't you think it was him that created the Earth, or that he was already here and never was created.

Or are we thinking different gods? For clarification, I'm referring to the God of the Bible, or, Yahweh.

*not looking for another debate. I wasn't even going to post but I saw the thread starter in another thread saying that He believed in God and then he defended God against another member (though not quite as nicely as possibly). So I'm just curious why defend God when you don't believe certain major points about him, I guess.

7. i have no clue who made earth?

but a lot of other people seem to have it down in the world. and don't mind pushing the idea on others.

8. thats how, not who. who created the dust? who set up gravitational laws? there has to be some sort of God, and i think it is way more complicated than our limited minds can comprehend.

9. Stephen Hawking made God and the Earth.

10. Yeah...I don't know who or what created earth. However it happened, whenever it happened, it's not going to affect my life in the NOW.

11. it was me ;)

12. im going to say.... there wasnt a big bang its just a big circle. theres no begining or end, it just is.

13. Yeah I agree. I believe in the Big Bang but I think it is just part of a cyclical process. The only reason we think the universe needs a beginning or end is because our lives have a beginning and an end, so the concept of infinity is pretty hard for us to grasp.

14. Don't concern yourself with the how and the why. Just look down and appreciate the earth for what it is. Lie down on the ground. Stamp around a bit. Can you grasp the immensity of the huge sphere of rock and lava that you're sitting on? Can you feel its energy?

Appreciate the earth's presence. It's just content to spin around silently and let you live on it. I love the earth, it's my pal :)

15. What andy said, is all there is to it. It doesn't matter who or what made, its here, and we're here. Shit, might as well enjoy it.

16. Who made pluto?

17. seek and ye shal find.

get sci-fi for a second and imagine we have the technology to build planets.

nuff said.

ps, to aid any search one might do... there are many names. Earth, Earth-Shan, Urantia, Gaia, Terra, Am, and many many others in many many other languages. try a translator tool like the babel fish to get a few.