who knows about the ontario strain crinkle?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Crinkle, Sep 9, 2008.

1. This strain crinkle has been in my area of ontario since i can remember, its the first weed i actualy heard of that had a name and that ive never seen in hightimes, i think its an ontario made strain right now i have some clones and they call it crinkle because the leaves start to crinkle and curle around the bud it sort of looks like a deformity but the plants are amazingly perfeclty healthy, large calyxed plants that absolutely stink, i was wondering if anyone has ever gotten a chance to smoke, grow or have even heard of it?:confused:

2. Hmm, reading this makes me want to take a road trip out east just to see it... I can't say I've ever seen/heard of anything like that over here in Alberta/BC.

3. I'll keep my eye out for it.

4. #4 jaymie777, Sep 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2008
    an acquaintance of mine gets some dank thats called the crinkle. it has a really strong sweet and fruity smell to it, smokes real nice to. didnt know that was only an ontario thing, but i have heard of some other strains that have only been in toronto before.

5. I am in southern ontario, toronto area and have had the opportunity to enjoy crinkle.

6. #6 Cid, Aug 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2009
    I can tell you a bit about this strain and the possible reason it is so unheard of.

Now, this knowledge may not be 100%, but since nobody has added anything about it I thought I would share what I know.

From what I know this is a "biker only" bread meaning if you have it and ARE NOT a biker, I wouldn't be too keen on blabbing about it even to your closer friends.

I also have heard from what I would call a reliable source that it is a hash plant hybrid of some sort and also have heard from this same source it is the most potent weed ever smoked by that individual.

I have not been able to smoke this breed yet, but I have seen the fairly fresh clones and can say it is the absolute most amazing looking clone for it's age I've ever seen, the actual plant (all of 4 inches, not sure the EXACT time it was cloned, but around 2-4 weeks I imagine) already seems to have a bud-like look to it, something I've never seen even in plants 15 inches+ and/or with three times the grow time as the clones I saw.

7. A picture would be cool if you have some or get some more.

8. I am actually growing a strain right now called Crinkle, actually I have been for the last 3 years with some of my plants producing record yeilds..(for me anyway), it is some of the best smoke I have ever had and have heard a lot of good feed back from others who have smoked it as well..:hello:

9. Smog town here, never heard of it.

ima ask around, see what info I can get ;)

This one grower near me knows virtually everything about almost every strain, he's grown for decades!

10. Great smoke! If cured properly this bud is absolutely amazing!

11. I have some stuff now that I was searching for on the Internet and was told it was called "Sour Crinkle" I have smoked for about 15 years, past 10 medically and I have never smoked anything like it. My friend grow it outdoors and past some off to me knowing that I like the strong stuff for my back pain and muscle spasms. The other day my wife (who is also a 8 year medical smoker) and I rolled a cig. We smoked it then each took a hit off of our vapourizer, 5 minutes later my Wife was feeling all light headed and looked a little pale. She told me she felt hot/cold sweats, dizzy, light headed and she looked fucked up. I took her to the room and put a cloth on her head and layed down with her. A few minutes later she was feeling better and energetic, much better for we stayed in bed for an extra hour ;) and for me with my back thats amazing :)

So to those out there that has not had it yet, its very nice medical strain. But not really all that good for a soical smoke enless you are looking for that killer high and yes Jaymie is right it has a really strong sweet, fruity smell to it. The buds are very dank and smoke really nice. And I know he did cure it properly it was only dried right out for 3 weeks then put into a bag (not any other curing method).

12. #13 wayner420, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2009
    I do have some finished product :) If anyone would like to see it:)

None taken your 18

13. do you have pics of it growing? i'm really curious about the crinkled leaves

14. I will ask my friend if he has any :) I am still smoking it and dam is it good. I use medically and I have not smoked anything better to this day

15. I have a crinkly one in my crop so I'm glad I found this thread. It's the largest, healthiest one so far of 19 seeds, just looks a little funny. I'm just hoping the larger surface area of the leaf for it's size will make it more efficient at growing. My last crop contained seeds I got from very tasty, potent, bushy stuff (some of which hermied) and the mother of my current seeds was donated by a friend but I don't know the strains. The mother was tall and had an amazingly fruity taste so I'm hoping this will inherit the best qualities. I have another plant very similar but without the crinkles so I'll try to give you a comparison when they're harvested. Unless they're really good and I'm too baked to bother ;) but all I can say so far is that crinkly leafed plants seem to grow more quickly.

16. This is exactly what I have heard about the strain. I've got a mother that started out very crinkley and has slowly lost the curl. These girls grow really fast, and have a beautiful fruity stank.

17. Smoked this "Crinkle" strain this past weekend, my girls old man gets this shit on the regular apparently. It aint bad, it made me cough so i know its good bud. Fruity kinda scent to it, goes down smooth. I'm a high grade smoke myself so I would say for an outdoor strain is really good. Ill try to get some pics next time i session with him.:smoke:

18. i actually have some crinkle right now. i live in ontario too it is a deep green and definitely has a very distinct smell. the high you get takes a little while to hit you but when it does you need to listen to chris webby he is the best! this weed fucks with your depth perception. i remember last night i was walking to tim hortons and could see the sign directly ahead. i kept walking but i wasnt getting any closer to it. very crazy trip:smoke: